Blast From The Past

"Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities." — Patti Roberts

The next morning when Jin woke up and saw Taehyung is still asleep. He admired his handsome face and caressed his cheek, which caused him to quiver a little. Jin then pretended to be asleep when Taehyung woke up stretching his body and noticed Jin sleeping beside him, he panicked and rolled off the bed. Jin, who is acting asleep, suppresses his chuckle. Quickly rising from the floor, Taehyung checked to see if he was dreaming or if Jin had actually been sleeping next to him. He rushed into the bathroom when he saw Jin waking up. After chuckling, Jin walked to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Taehyung. Jin made egg toast for breakfast. After an hour, Taehyung came downstairs ready for work. Jin asked him to eat breakfast as he was going to leave, and they were now seated and eating.

"You don't have to prepare meals every day. I'll hire a chef to prepare meals for us". Taehyung said, his voice icy and emotionless.

Jin said, "Did the breakfast taste terrible?"

"No, it's great. However, your father raised you as a prince, and you were born with a silver spoon. So you don't necessarily have to do all those things simply because you married me". Eating toast, Taehyung stated.

Jin saw Taehyung acting strangely and decided to remain silent since he had never spoken to Jin in such a manner. He was devastated when Taehyung went without even saying goodbye to him after breakfast. Even after calling him five times, Taehyung didn't pick up when Jin contacted him in the afternoon. This angered Jin since he had no idea why Taehyung started acting strangely. Is he upset with me? Jin pondered, but he couldn't pinpoint the source of his anger.  After a long day at work, Jin arrived home at six and retired to his room to unwind and sleep. The doorbell ringing awakened him, and when he went to answer the door, he saw Taehyung. He opened the door for him. Jin noted that it was 11:00.

Without waiting for Jin to respond, Taehyung stated, "I brought dinner for you," set some packs on the table, and then left for his room. Jin wanted to find out the reason of Taehyung's fury, so he followed him to his room.

"Is there something wrong, Tae? Why are you so upset with me?" Jin inquired after entering Taehyung's room.

"I'm not mad at you, Seokjin," Taehyung remarked as he removed his coat. Seokjin forced Taehyung to talk to him by stepping in the way of the latter while staring into his eyes.

Taehyung responded, removing his tie, "There is absolutely nothing to speak about; I've already told you that I'm not angry at you".

Seokjin asked Taehyung, placing both hands on Taehyung's neck and stroking his nape hair, "So are you stressed out because of work?"

Jin was upset when Taehyung stated "No" in response and took his hands off him.

"Well, I need to go to bed. Jin was crying as he left Taehyung's room and made his way to his own bedroom when Taehyung asked him to leave. Taehyung's abrupt behavior shift caused Jin to sob himself to sleep.

An entire week has passed and Taehyung's attitude has not changed. Jin kept asking him whether he made a mistake, but he never responded and instead walked to his room. Taehyung is additionally late and drunk when he returns home, and he has no idea what has transpired. Jin is anxiously waiting for Taehyung to get home as it's almost 12:00 and he hasn't arrived yet. He spotted Taehyung enter the house with food packages in his hand after unlocking the door's combination lock. He left the meals on the table and instructed Jin to eat before going. Jin stopped him on the way to his room because he was definitely going to have Taehyung talk to him today.