8

Chapter 8: His eyes

After only three days, Chen Jing actually started to look forward to the evening self-study.

That was the time when he and her were alone, no one knew about it, it was like a secret date, it was the most relaxing and tense moment of Chen Jing's day.

Ni Qingjia still stayed today, she didn't ask Chen Jing a question, she took the evening homework to Chen Jing's desk: "Chen Jing, I really can't finish it, can you lend me a copy?"

Chen Jing's efficiency and accuracy are both high. The key is that he is easy to talk to. He has always been the first choice for students to copy homework.

Chen Jing didn't care at all about others copying his homework, if he usually gave it without saying a word. But facing Ni Qingjia, Chen Jing was a little reluctant.

"Chen Jing..." Ni Qingjia begged him pitifully, trailing off.

"I can teach you which questions you don't know." Chen Jing's face remained unchanged.

Ni Qingjia was lazy and didn't want to write at all, so she said angrily: "I don't know any questions."

With an obviously choking tone, Chen Jing stopped talking and looked at Ni Qingjia quietly.

Under Chen Jing's scrutiny, Ni Qingjia surrendered, "Okay, I'll write it myself..."

Saying that, what Ni Qingjia thought was that it would be a big deal to come to Xue Miaomiao to copy it early tomorrow.

After writing a few questions, Ni Qingjia couldn't bear such a quiet atmosphere, turned to look at Chen Jing, and asked for something to say: "Chen Jing, how short-sighted are you?"

Chen Jing's pen stopped: "More than three hundred."

"Oh." Ni Qingjia looked into his eyes through the lens, and suddenly became curious, "Chen Jing, don't move yet."

Chen Jing raised his eyes, not knowing why.

Ni Qingjia carefully pinched Chen Jing's frame, Chen Jing blinked in shock, but remained motionless.

Ni Qingjia gasped, and slowly took off his glasses.

Chen Jing was a little awkward being stared at by her, as if he took off his glasses and he was naked in plain clothes, completely, naked, and presented in front of her.

Chen Jing reached for his glasses, but Ni Qingjia refused to let him touch them: "I'll just take a look."

Chen Jing's hand stopped in the air, hanging down awkwardly.

Without hindrance, Ni Qingjia saw a pair of eyes as clear as a lake, just like his name, quiet.

Chen Jing's eyes are not big, the pupils are dark, pure and without color.

A crease quietly opened from the back of the eyes, like a shallow ripple. He calmly withdrew his edge, combining hardness and softness, very similar to him.

Ni Qingjia said in surprise: "So you have inner double eyelids, I always thought you had single eyelids."

"Yeah, I don't know either." Chen Jing said in a low voice, "Are you ready?"

Ni Qingjia returned the glasses to him, and Chen Jing heaved a sigh of relief and put them on.

The lake is surrounded by a layer of mist, like poetry and songs. Ni Qingjia praised from the bottom of her heart: "Chen Jing, you are so pretty."

Hearing her straightforward words clearly, Chen Jing immediately tensed up. For situations where he doesn't know how to deal with it, Chen Jing usually keeps silent.

Ni Qingjia said dissatisfiedly, "No more talking."

Chen Jing opened his mouth, but still didn't know what to say.

He hurriedly raised his eyes and caught a glimpse of her slightly complaining face.

Her eyebrows were slightly frowned, and her cherry red lips were curled up, showing the girl's delicacy and cuteness.

Chen Jing looked away.

In a moment of silence, he heard the patter of rain outside the classroom.

Gradually, the momentum picked up.

Falling into corridors, knocking on windows, crackling leaves.

This rain rescued Chen Jing's distress.

He pointed outside and changed the subject awkwardly: "It's raining."

The pure voice was mixed with the sound of rain, like adding ice to lemonade.

His words were so blunt and abrupt, Ni Qingjia couldn't help laughing, and followed him and said, "Well, it's raining."

He added with great interest, "Don't ride your bike at night, the rain probably won't stop for a while."

Chen Jing gave a dry "hmm".

Ni Qingjia rolled her eyes: "Chen Jing, do you have an umbrella?"

Lingling's voice covered her words, Chen Jing didn't seem to hear clearly, and said after a few seconds: "No."

"Then what should we do?"

Chen Jing thought for a while: "Wait for the rain to subside before leaving."

"Okay." She agreed to be with him.