10

Chapter 10: Play hard to get

Chen Jing didn't know how he got home.

Her shoulders were wet, and she opened her umbrella to dry in the bathroom, touched the string of pendants, and moved the umbrella to the small balcony next to the kitchen.

Feel free to put your schoolbag on the back of the chair and take out the books you want to read later.

Then wash your hair and take a shower.

An umbrella lay quietly in the open black schoolbag.

*

The next day, Ni Qingjia stepped in the door with a yawn.

As soon as she sat down, she caught a glimpse of her umbrella hanging on the hook by the table, neatly folded.

Half awake, looking towards the back of the classroom.

Chen Jing lowered his head to study.

Ni Qingjia turned her head and put the umbrella back in her schoolbag.

During class break, Ni Qingjia wanted to talk to Chen Jing, but was stopped by a rough voice outside.

Ni Qingjia's seat was near the window in the corridor. When she turned her head, she saw Zhao Yuge from the next class squatting on the window sill with the iron frame, like a constipated monkey.

"Hey, Ni Qingjia, let's go for red wine and meat after school."

Red Wine Pork is a barbecue restaurant, they used to go there for supper.

Zhao Yuge's posture was too weird, and the corner of Ni Qingjia's mouth twitched: "Can you come down, don't break the windows of my class."

Zhao Yuge jumped down suddenly, landed unsteadily, and the soles of his feet twitched.

"Fuck, my feet-"

"It deserves it."

Zhao Yuge stood on one leg, changing from a monkey to a one-legged chicken.

"Are you going or not?"

Ni Qingjia said coldly: "You are asking for Zou Jun, you go and tell him, I can't do it with him."

Zhao Yuge and Zou Jun are in the same class. Ni Qingjia and Zhao Yuge were classmates in the first year of high school, and she only met Zou Jun later.

Speaking of which, Ni Qingjia and Zhao Yuge had been in love, but it was only a short day, maybe even less than twenty-four hours.

They were drinking outside, all single, looking at each other, Zhao Yuge said in a daze, "Why don't we try it", and Ni Qingjia was also in a daze, "Okay, okay".

Later, each went back to each house, and when he woke up, he tacitly pretended to have amnesia.

A witness present mentioned that both of them denied it and felt ashamed.

Although Zhao Yuge liked Ni Qingjia's pretty face, Ni Qingjia was never his type. He likes pure and shy ones, Ni Qingjia can watch pornography with him without changing his face, Zhao Yuge is mentally incapable of accepting it.

It's okay to be a brother, but he can't stand Ni Qingjia's acting as a demon if he is a girlfriend.

Ni Qingjia's thinking is more straightforward. She imagined that if she and Zhao Yuge were in a relationship, she would reject it in every pore just thinking about it.

So the two resumed the buddy relationship mode. Zhao Yuge also introduced Zou Jun to Ni Qingjia, and the story of Zou Jun chasing Ni Qingjia began.

Zhao Yuge smiled slyly: "I said, if you bother him so much, it must be because you have something to do with yourself?"

Ni Qingjia threw an eraser at him: "None of your business."

Zhao Yuge dodged nimbly, "It's none of Zou Jun's business, whether you can go or not. It's just the brothers from the first class of our senior class. Our gang of elders are boring, and we are short of a few beauties."

"What's the difference?"

"Beauty."

Ni Qingjia was very helpful: "Okay, save me a seat."

Zhao Yuge grabbed the window frame again and asked, "Do you know what I look like every time I come to see you?"

Ni Qingjia didn't understand.

Zhao Yuge shook the iron rod and said in a low swish, "It's like visiting a prison."

Ni Qingjia squinted at him and gritted his teeth: "You are sick, Zhao Yuge!"

Zhao Yuge ran away with his head in his arms.

Ni Qingjia shouted at him: "Hey, I'm an eraser."

Zhao Yuge pretended not to find it, stepped on Ni Qingjia's Peppa Pig-style eraser, picked it up and threw it at her.

Peppa Pig drew a perfect parabola in the air and landed on Ni Qingjia's table with precision.

Ni Qingjia stared at the dark pig's head, his teeth itching with anger.

After school, Ni Qingjia and Zhao Yuge went to Red Wine Pork for barbecue.

The sixteenth skill of the art of war: playing hard to get.

After following Chen Jing for a few days, Ni Qingjia planned to let him go.

Those who came were all classmates who used to fool around with each other. Ni Qingjia was very relaxed and drank some wine.

Down a few glasses.

I saw a familiar figure passing by the door of the barbecue shop.

Ni Qingjia chased him out.

His coat was blown bulging by the wind, and there were hazy clouds and moon above his head.

After a while.

The white school uniform gradually faded into the dark night.

It was too far away to see, and Ni Qingjia was still standing at the door.

Zhao Yuge followed: "What are you doing?"

After drinking, Ni Qingjia's mind slowed down, and after a while, he said leisurely: "Look at the handsome guy."

"If you don't come in, your favorite grilled squid will be gone."

Ni Qingjia entered and checked the time.

Chen Jing left the school nearly ten minutes earlier than usual.