4. The Boat Scene.

The maids were shocked when I and Athy were brought back by a knight. Lily all but snatched us from him while glaring at Felix who seemed uneasy after watching all the maids glaring at him.

"His Majesty said he would come visit Princess Amara and Princess Athanasia in future."

This changed the atmosphere to half-scared and half-happy but I knew Athy didn't like this at all.

With his message given Felix walked away and I got down from Lily's arms watching as Athy seemed traumatized.

Lily gently placed her down looking at her with concern on her face.

"P-Princesses, are you two okay?" She asked looking at me and then at Athy who looked pale.

"Blaach!" Athy puked.

"Princess?!"

I held back Athy's hair brushing her back gently as she emptied whatever she ate before Claude.

At night, after Lily tucked us in I left the room, and went to the yard, I took out my wooden sword and wondered if in future I should ask Felix to teach me swordwielding. Whatever I had learned, it was only by watching from afar.

I was halfway in training when I sensed a presence and I turned around to see Athy there looking teary.

"Ara?" She whimpered and I relaxed my stance.

"Athy, what is it?"

"I can't sleep." She said and I sighed.

I called it a night for the training and teleported us back to our room. I sat in the bed with Athy's head on my lap and her hands clutching my dress.

"I thought he would kill us."

"He didn't."

"Why would you talk so casually with him?"

"I said what I felt." I admitted and she looked up at me.

"You really felt worried about him?" She looked shocked.

"I could understand his position as an Emperor, we know his history. He has been betrayed in past and had lost his family. I couldn't help but feel pity."

"You said you didn't pity him."

"I had to, he would have snapped if I said I pity him. It would be better to use the safe words around him. Anything that makes him seem weak is dangerous."

"I can't say anything like that," she mumbled as she pressed her face in my dress.

"Then let's divide roles, you be the cute and loving daughter and I'll be the quiet and mature one." I suggested.

"I don't want to see him." She whimpered and I sighed brushing my fingers through her hair.

Eventually, you have to do it.

I patted her head as I hummed a melody. Whenever she would have nightmares she would sneak up to me and since I was a light sleeper I would have to hold her like this to make her feel safe so that she could fall back asleep.

The next day I, Athy and Lily were in front of Claude who looked at us with a concealed amused look.

"Lillian York, long time no see." Claude spoke.

"Blessings and glory upon the Sun of the Obelian empire." Lily curtsied.

Athy kept holding my hand as I stood beside her observing Claude and he did the same with a facade of boredom on his face.

"I haven't been able to pay enough attention to my only daughters due to my duties at court." He said making me almost roll my eyes but I held the gesture since his eyes were on me.