11. I'm Called What?!

"What the-" I gasped as I saw a beautiful woman walking in front of me, though she was facing away, I knew it was Diana, our mother.

Mom? I wondered as I hurried behind her and she turned to look at me with the most enchanting smile I'd ever seen. Her rose-coloured eyes seemed so warm and bright that I could feel as if the love itself was the colour of her eyes. The soft smile on her lips made me feel as if I'd been blessed.

 The soft smile on her lips made me feel as if I'd been blessed

"So... beautiful..."

Was I having the same dream as Athy right now? The dream of our mother.

I could also hear the sound of heartbeats in the background which made me somehow recall that I had lied on Dad's shoulder near his chest.

"It looks like the Princesses are having a good dream." I heard Felix's voice.

In an instant my dream disappeared.

No!

Mom!

Wait, what am I thinking?

I could hear Dad and Felix talking and let out a sigh. It was gone, that dream but maybe, if I work hard then I could make them happy... So, Mom... I guess I should call you that... Please look over us.

For the next two years I worked hard training my body and mind, I was able to become an amateur level mage and a skilled swordsman. Felix was so happy when he got defeated by me during our last training session. He wouldn't stop praising me.

But the one thing that was different was I met Lucas again, he pestered me for my future knowledge and surprisingly, helped me get rid of the accumulating black energy inside me. I hadn't told him where I was taking it from.

Speaking of Dad then he had started treating me like his aide now, as Athy was studying on her own, I had rose from a reviewer to the one who checked the proposals, agreements and the other documents which Dad had to sign or make decisions over. He'd started to rest more now and since I frequently was there when he slept I continued absorbing his black mana and then getting Lucas get rid of it from me.

And since I refuse to tell him where I absorb it from so, he's always angry when I arrive with the sludge within me.

"It's bad for your body!" He had scolded me, "this thing eats away the life energy."

"That's why I'm taking it away from that person." I had answered and he sighed and removed it from me.

He was still wondering how I managed to absorb the mana, Lucas being the Tower mage he was adept in using magic yet, he wondered how I managed to learn magic on my own and was even getting steadily strong with it.

To which I'd just sassily answered, "Talent."

Lucas and I had become friends over time with me bringing him some snacks and he would just remove the black mana from me in exchange of snacks sometimes. It was good and peaceful.