41. Who Did She Take After?

Jeanette stood in front of Ara who was dressed in a simple button down black shirt and black pants, her hair was down and she looked tired. Her face was quite pale and even her appearance was dishevelled.

Jeanette wanted to ask her about her health but she couldn't help but look at the knight who stood behind Ara.

"Felix?" Jeanette jumped as she heard Ara's voice.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Leave us." Ara said and Felix looked once at the two before he retired from the room.

"Have something." Ara said as she gestured towards the tea and the snacks that were before them.

Jeanette hesitantly picked up the teacup and looked at Ara who sat with her back leaning against the back rest of the sofa with her right leg upon her left.

"A-Are you still feeling sick, Your Highness?" Jeanette asked and Ara released a sigh.

"Have you not been sleeping well?" She asked instead making Jeanette almost jump.

"Pa-Pardon?"

"You eyes look tired, is there something bothering you?" She asked and Jeanette couldn't say anything.

The one who looked the worse among both of them was asking her if she was alright or not.

"I-I was just..." Jeanette suddenly felt refreshed as if she had woken up after a good night's sleep and she looked at Ara who yawned holding her hand to her mouth.

Jeanette wondered if the sudden refreshing sensation was the spell from Ara.

"D-Did you...?"

Ara looked at her, "You have a beautiful face, don't worry about needless things and let your shine fade."

Jeanette blushed slightly as she heard that.

"B-But, what about you then?" She asked as she looked down fiddling with her fingers.

"Y-You don't look so well and... did Your Highness and Princess Athanasia have a fight?" She asked and looked up at Ara only to be surprised as Ara's eyes were closed.

She'd fallen asleep?

The doors opened just when Jeanette was wondering what to do and to her shock it was His Majesty. Jeanette looked once at Ara who was still sleeping before she stood up and curtsied.

"Magrita?" His Majesty addressed her coldly.

"B-Blessings and glory upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire." Jeanette said.

"Did she fall asleep?" His Majesty asked and Jeanette looked at Ara and then at the Emperor.

"Ah... yes."

His Majesty sighed before heading towards Ara and gently brushed his fingers over her bangs pushing them away from her eyes.

"You may leave now." His voice was low as if he didn't want to disturb Ara's sleep and Jeanette curtsied once more before she walked towards the door.