55. What Next?

Once the council members left it was visibly only Athy, Felix, Anastacius and Roger in the hall.

"It seems that all the members of the council have left."

"Then, I'll also be taking my leave." Anastacius spoke.

"Like I said."

"And where do you think you're going?"

"I'm a bit busy, so..." Anastacius turned to leave.

"Wait!" Athy shouted and he turned.

"If you're so curious, I'll tell you. That day, Claude pierced my chest. I collapsed bleeding out... And my younger brother left. I was taken somewhere else... I lost consciousness and when I opened my eyes..." His eyes grew dazed for a second and I caught it.

"That's when Athernitas got full control of his body."

"After that I ran away. That's all."

"Act like me." I instructed.

Athy chuckled and shook her head.

"Do you think someone will believe that? A person who was bleeding to death managed to run away alive? Don't make me laugh." I influenced Athy's magic again and noticed as how Athernitas' aura started swirling too.

"Princess, I will capture and take him into custody." Felix spoke as his aura sword materialised making Athernitas' eyes fall on it.

Anastacius smirked, no, it was Athernitas.

"You're going to catch me?"

"Felix, stop!" I commanded and he froze.

"Felix, the council members are still here. We mustn't create a disturbance." Athy spoke calmly despite the shiver that ran through her body.

"Yes, Princess." He spoke as he relaxed making his aura sword to disappear.

"I guess there's no need to catch something running away in fear of the Emperor." Felix said.

"However, if you attempt something foolish one more time, there will be no second chance."

"What a loyal subject you are!" Anastacius grinned.

"Roger Alpheus. I will not forget what happened today." Athy spoke up before she turned around with Felix and started walking away.

I smirked as I saw Anastacius or rather Athernitas through him. Should I give him something that would unsettle him?

I swirled my mana and his eyes widened as I spread it around Athy in a protective manner.

Now, you'll know what you're messing with, Athernitas.

Once outside the conference hall, Athy and Felix rushed over to my room where I and Lucas removed the invisiblity spell and Athy hugged me.

"H-He really came!" I held her and patted her back gently.

"He was speaking all sorts of nonsense..."

"I know, my baby. I was there, and will make sure the one who hurt you gets punished accordingly." I said as she trembled and I looked at Lucas.

We all, including Felix, teleported to Dad's room where he was reading a book and relaxing. We gave him a report of what happened at the conference hall and he stared at us blankly.

"You should have just killed him right there." He muttered.

"Killing Athernitas through Anastacius isn't easy." I said as I walked over and lied down placing my head over Dad's lap.