52. Ara's Memories.

"Ara?!" Athy shouted and the figure moved, turning to look at them.

It was Ara.

A small smile made her eyes glow and Athy and Claude ran over to the girl as she stood up.

"You're earlier than I expected-" Ara was cut off as Athy threw her arms around her nearly throwing her off balance but another strong pair of arm held them both steady

Athy started crying again as she hugged her sister tightly.

"You idiot! You're really very selfish, Ara. How could you do this to us? You said you loved us and you left us like that?! Do you even know how much I missed you?!"

Athy continued crying and Ara smiled as she held her sister and then looked at her father whose eyes were also glistening with tears.

"Who told you to take such a risk? And why did you take away that black magic?"

Ara chuckled slightly as she reached out and placed her hand on her father's cheek.

"Because I knew you'd come to save me."

"Let's go back now! Do you even know how broken Lucas was?!" Athy shouted as she pulled back.

"Ah... Him." Ara cleared her throat and then sighed.

"We'll leave, but,"

"But? What's wrong now?"

"Sit here for a while, it's the first time that we're all together as a family." Ara said as she tilted her head and looked at Diana.

Athy turned and Diana reached out and placed her hand on Ara's face.

"My child is so mature that she always puts others before herself."

"Geez, don't go on about that." Ara sighed and Diana chuckled.

All four of them settled down on the grass as Ara lied down with the butterflies once again fluttering over to her. One of them sat on her outstretched finger and she sighed.

"When she first came here as a small fragment, she was too shocked to see me. She didn't even believe that I was really standing there. She thought I was a dream and wanted to wake up but... when she realized that it wasn't, she just said she'll stay here and see what happens outside."

This made Claude and Athanasia to glare at Ara.

"What did you mean by you would just stay here?"

"Who do you think I am? I am more than capable of getting out of here on my own, I just thought of staying back because Athelinda's consciousness had taken over." Ara spoke as she continued playing with the butterflies.

"You've been here with Mom, since the mana explosion."

Ara hummed.

"She was simply staying here watching over you two like I was, she might seem a bit cold but my child is really caring about everything." Diana said making Ara sigh again.