13. My First Ride.

"So, Raven was the chocolate thief then?" I asked as I read a book.

Of course, I knew it already.

"Yeah, and I was thinking who dared to steal my chocolates. But if it's Raven then it's fine."

"He seems to be like you," I said not looking at her as she was playing with him.

"Besides, Lucas had told me not to get these two too much close to us." I said.

"I don't like him, he's scary and he's too touchy with you. Why do you let him touch you anyway?" Athy asked.

"What are you talking Princesses?" Lily entered the room and Athy quickly smiled.

"We're talking about how Ara hadn't named her cat yet."

"I told you it's not a cat."

"Hm?" Lily walked over to where the cub was curled up beside me on the arm of the chair watching me.

"Aw... Princess it's staring at you. Won't you give it a little attention?" Lily said and I glanced at the cub which quickly perked up noticing my gaze.

It really wants my attention.

"Besides, have you thought of what to call it?"

I sighed as I found this slightly troublesome, if I hang out with it too much then it'll end up giving me a mana explosion.

The cub looked at me with its bright blue eyes and I ran my eyes over its pure white fur which had the dark black stripes.

"Snow." I spoke making its tail sway and eyes grow radiant.

"Wow! Raven and Snow!" Athy cheered and Lily smiled as well but just as she went to pet Snow it turned and glared up at her baring its sharp teeth.

"Tone it down, Snow." I said in a calm voice and the cub quickly looked down.

"I-It listens to you quite well." Lily seemed a bit uneasy as she straightened up.

After that day, Athy insisted that I take care of Snow despite me telling her that it'd be dangerous for us, yet, she always kept Raven beside her. Feeding him, bathing him, sleeping with him and playing with him all the time.

I, on the other hand, since I was used to going around the palace for training and all, Snow followed me everywhere even till Dad's room.

"What's that thing?" Dad asked as he saw Snow trailing behind me inside his room.

I looked back at Snow who looked up at me and I sighed.

"My pet, seems like it followed me all the way here. Sorry, it will just stay in a corner and not create any nuisance so, can it stay?" I asked and Dad simply looked away.

"You heard?"

"Mew." The cub mewled and I sighed running my hands through my hair as I walked over and sat beside Dad.

I picked up the papers and started reading through them watching from the corner of my eye as Snow went over and sat in a corner watching me.

"It's rare for you to keep a pet." Dad said.

"Athy brought one for her so, she insisted me on keeping one too."

"You do realise that is not a cat."

He's really perceptive.

"Yeah, everyone else thinks it is." I said as I read through the reports.

I picked up the feather pen as I started making some corrections before I went ahead.

Dad and I didn't say anything after that and the rest of the routine continued till I put Dad to sleep and started absorbing his black mana but just as I was doing that Snow hopped over on the bed trying to stop me.