43. Pinky Promise.

ATHELINDA POV

The growing headache was starting to annoy me a lot that after my sword training I ended up teleporting myself to that child, Jeanette's house. She wasn't in her room but I was greatly exhausted and with my headache making it hard for me to do anything I ended up falling asleep in her bed.

I woke up when I felt someone touching me, I gripped the hand of whomever it was and looked at the wide eyes of the child looking at me.

I let go of her hand and groaned slightly as I sat up.

"Y-Your Highness?" Jeanette asked as she saw me and I looked at the bruises forming on her wrist.

I stretched my hand to her and she looked at it before placing her hand in mine. I healed her wrist and she smiled.

"I apologise for suddenly appearing in your room and... using your bed." I said running my hand through my hair.

"I-It's okay, a-are you not feeling well, though?" She asked and I sighed my headache had faded.

"I'm fine now, I just... thought of coming here since Athanasia and Dad were busy."

Her expression brightened up as I said that, Athanasia had told me that this child believed that she was Claude's biological daughter and saw me and Athanasia as her sisters.

"Th-Then, I'll be honoured to entertain you till the time you're here." She said and I leaned my back against the headrest.

"You don't need to go too far you can just talk I'll listen." I said and she giggled.

"That's what we always seem to do, Your Highness."

I stayed quiet as she sat looking at me, her expression slowly turned sad and I tilted my head to her.

"Is something the matter?"

Jeanette looked at me and in a cautious tone asked, "Princess... Wha-What would you do... if I were your real sister?"

Oh, she's really asking me that straight away.

She looked at me as if to study my reaction and I recalled what Athanasia had told me about this child. She'd grown in isolation, she was lied to all her life and to a girl like this if she really found something that would make her happy then who was I to take it away?

She turned, "I-I'm sorry for asking such stupid th-"

I lifted my hand and placed it over her head slightly ruffling her soft hair.

"P-Princess?"

"I'll go and rip the head of that person who had made your smile disappear." I answered and she looked at me before her face broke out in a bright smile.

" I answered and she looked at me before her face broke out in a bright smile