18. Happy Birthday.

Before I could even realize it, it was our birthday. Athy and I received a lot of presents from everyone. They all seemed genuinely happy and I smiled as Athy excitedly opened her gifts. She had nothing lacking yet, the happiness on her face was enough for me as my gift.

We ended up celebrating it with Hannah, Ces, Felix, Lily and our Beasts who were usually away from us

We ended up celebrating it with Hannah, Ces, Felix, Lily and our Beasts who were usually away from us. Snow had grown up to be a real tiger now while Raven resembled more to a wolf.

I petted Snow for a while and had a small piece of cake, wished Athy happy birthday got my wishes and then we visited our mother's tomb with Dad

He seemed a bit melancholic but Athy and I held his hands as we looked at her portrait and felt a cool breeze pass through us.

Dad wished us happy birthday before he retired back to his room, I went to my office while Athy went to her room.

Dad preferred to stay alone because he still felt the pain, we may be by his side yet, there were some times when the pain should be faced alone. I just hoped he wouldn't try the Black Magic again.

Once at my office I spotted Lucas there.

"Happy birthday." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks."

I sat down on my chair and started looking through the papers.

"Don't you even get to rest on your birthday?" He asked and I sighed.

"What else do you want me to do?"

"Celebrate it."

"I just did."

"Well, go have some fun."

"I just did."

He rolled his eyes before walking up to me and tapped my forehead removing the excess mana from my body.

"It keeps on growing, hers is at least understandable but yours is growing quickly."

"It's fine, just keep an eye on hers. Thank you very much." I said as I started working and Lucas sighed.