16. The Deal.

I woke up as I felt Dad carry me over to the bed since I momentarily fell asleep on his shoulder after crying. He lied down beside me for a while before he started humming the song that I sing for him as a lullaby.

After a while he went silent I felt his hand over me as his breathing slowed down and became rhythmic. I waited till I was sure he was deeply asleep before I sat up and looked at him.

There was a time in my past life when I had delved into the research of the paranormal because the black magic and the occult fascinated me. I had read the research papers of the famous and the credible paranormal investigators. The one thing that they had impressed upon was that black magic was a result of the deal with the creatures of the dark, that is, the demons. I had no idea if the same case would be here or not since the story only spoke about Claude performing black magic on himself and even my memory wasn't quite supportive as with time everything had faded except for the major events which I had made a note of.

Now, if I had to get rid of the black magic then I'd have to take this chance and play a gamble, to see if what I learned in my past life was true or not.

There was no other choice. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Forgive me, God." I whispered as I gently brushed my fingers over Dad's forehead putting him into deep slumber and then placed my hands on Dad's chest and closed my eyes.

I focused on the root of the black magic and spoke.

"Is... there an entity which is guarding this spell?" I spoke. I didn't know if it was there or not but the way the black sludge was, it seemed as if it was alive.

"You need a soul to feed on."

The root seemed to move a little, "I know you need one, and currently you're using my father's."

"So?" A low sleek voice replied shocking me.

So, it really was there!

I had only assumed that I might be able to talk with it but I didn't expect it to really be here.

"Shocked, I see." It chuckled darkly.

It was a demon for sure. It seemed quite obvious now, black magic always involved the one from whom it was rooted to. The Devil.

"You seem like an old soul, travelled lifetimes and seen a lot of things. What do you want from me?" The demon asked.

"Let go of my father." I said.

"Pfft." The entity started laughing, I could feel his loud and demonic laughter ring in my head yet, I gritted my teeth and went through.

"You just need a soul to feed on, let go of my father..." I licked my lips, "You can have mine."

"Oh..." The demon stopped laughing.

"An old soul which has tasted the divine touch...? Sounds delicious..." He spoke.

The notion of handing my soul over to a demon was extremely revolting yet, I had no choice. In order to release father of this curse I had to give this demon something which it couldn't refuse.

"But, you see..." The demon spoke, "I had made a contract with your father... I'm guarding his memories and emotions for him. So, I can't take up your offer."

"Then make a contract with me too!" I hissed desperately.

"I need you to release my father, you can have me. But please, please... release my father from this." I begged as I felt the moisture at my cheeks.

"Aw... Don't cry, little one." The demon said, "you see, I'm a little weak in front of cute children."

I felt something cold touch my chin and I opened my eyes to see a pale faced black haired man in front of me. His eyes were completely black with bright red pupils, there were two black horns poking out of his skull and he wore a deadly smirk over his lips as he stared down at me.