17. Escorts.

After finishing my morning training with the guards I changed to meet with father and Athy for our tea time.

Athy said she was going to speak about who she would go with to her Debutante.

Currently, we were sitting at the gazebo in the garden with Athy dressed in a beautiful butterfly patterned dress while I was dressed in a deep red shirt and black dress pants. This had become my usual dressing style since I was officially allowed to train as a swordsman.

"Dad." Athy started and Dad looked at her as he sipped his tea.

"It's my and Ara's birthday coming up soon. And there's our debutante too." She said, "So I was thinking about who I would like to be escorted by for my first dance."

I continued sipping my tea as she went on.

"Since it's a meaningful day I want to ask for the hand of someone close to me..."

I could see her gaze drifting to Felix and I sighed as I realized what she was going to say.

"So, wouldn't Felix be the best? What do you think Daddy?" Athy said and Felix looked like he was struck by lightning.

I bit my lower lip to keep myself from laughing at his face.

"I wish you soul rests in pieces, Felix. Oops, sorry, peace." I spoke in his head and he flinched making me shake my head.

"Felix. That's not a bad choice." Dad said calmly and I rolled my eyes.

"Right?" Athy smiled.

"Do whatever you'd like." He said, I could sense the disappointment in his voice.

"Wow, I actually asked Felix yesterday and he said he will be okay with it if there's no else fit for the role."

"Athy, you're an idiot." I spoke to her through telepathy but she ignored me.

"Athy, Dad would love to have the first dance with you, are you crazy?! Just ask him, he'll be happy!" I shouted in her head but she ignored me again. Guess I had no choice.

"Surprising, Athy." I spoke up making the eyes turn to me.

"It seems like you missed the most fitting person for this task and chose Felix instead. No offense, Felix, you're a really great guy and quite a good choice." I said and he smiled back.

"What... do you mean?" Athy's eyebrow twitched.

"Didn't you tell me a few days ago that if you got a chance you'd like to dance with Dad?"

"When did I say that?!" She shouted in my head.

"Did you?" Dad asked.

"And now, are you choosing Felix out of nervousness because you think Dad will say no?"