8. You're Awake.

I woke up feeling like my body was quite heavy, but it was more like a heavy appendage was around me. I opened my eyes to see Claude's sleeping face close by and his one arm rested over me. For some reason, I felt warmth in my chest as I watched him so relaxed.

I didn't move away despite it being my morning routine time. He must be sleeping so peacefully after a long time.

I simply lay there until there was a knock on the door and Felix walked in, he looked around and then looked at the bed his eyes going wide as he saw me there.

"Pr-"

I put my finger on my lips gesturing him to hush and he clamped his mouth as he just stared at us. Felix smiled and then gestured to the door as if asking whether he should leave and I gave him a thumbs up.

"What are you doing?" I looked back at Claude whose eyes were open and he was looking at me.

"Nothing. Good morning, Dad." I put my hand down and he turned to look at Felix who was standing there.

"Good morning, Your Majesty and Princess Amara." He grinned brightly as he greeted us and Claude sat up running his hand through his hair.

I followed suit and got down from the bed.

"Then, I'll take my leave. I'll come back after my classes if you want." I said as I walked towards Felix.

"Do what you want." I smiled as Claude didn't say no.

"Felix, take her back," Claude said and Felix bowed before he followed me.

"My princess, how did you end up in His Majesty's room?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I couldn't sleep last night so I came here,"

"I-I guess only you're capable of that, Princess Amara." He said and I started jogging.

I jogged back to the Ruby palace where I continued my usual morning routine and then went into the small wooded area for meditation. I talked to Lucas' sleeping form in the afternoon and ended up telling him about what happened the other night. I didn't tell him about the black magic though nor that I absorbed some of it.

For the next whole week, I kept my routine the same: workout, meditation, chat with Lucas, etiquette lessons, helping Dad and eventually falling asleep there while absorbing the black magic from him. The pit was too dark that even if I was absorbing it for ten days straight I couldn't make much difference. I hoped that it wasn't regenerating.

After around a month of receiving the etiquette lessons, I and Athy appeared before Dad and perfectly curtsied.

"Thank you for inviting us to tea." I and Athy spoke in unison.

I looked at Athy who was smiling and looking cute and I was sure everyone thought the same way.