25. Jeanette.

Around a week later, Athy was having a picnic with the girls again, I'd refused to show up because I hadn't been sleeping well and growing cranky.

My usual behaviour was bad enough, I didn't want those poor girls to be traumatized and take away the slim chances of Athy making friends.

After my sword training, I walked back towards Dad's palace as I was too tired to use magic. I had managed to finish most of the paperwork last night that's why I could at least take a small break.

But since I was too tired to even walk at some point I just lied down under the shade of a tree and before I knew I dozed off.

The scene of the bloodbath replayed in front of my eyes again, Dad was lying dead near Anastacius' feet and I felt someone beside me.

Athy stood beside me this time she was trembling with fear and crying as Dad wasn't moving.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Ara..." She whimpered as she clung to my arm.

Anastacius walked towards me and Athy, I pushed her behind me.

"With you gone, I'll get what I want." He had a mad grin on his face as he swung his sword but instead of slashing me someone who threw themselves before me.

I was too shocked to see Jeanette who stood before me with tears running down her face but before I could do anything she fell.

"Y-Your Highness?"

I gasped as I felt someone touching me, I gripped their hand and glared at the person who'd dared to do that.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The gaze of a terrified girl met mine and slowly realized who it was.

Jeanette? Why is she here?

I let go of her hand sitting up and she held it to her chest looking like she was in pain.

"I'm sorry." I said and she shook her head.

"It's okay." She hesitantly met my eyes.

"Y-You seemed like you were having a bad dream, so, I tried to wake you up." She said and I sighed running my hand through my hair. If I'd known something like this would happen then I would have just gone for Athy's tea party.