63. Final Showdown.

I calmed down after sobbing for a few minutes and sat down beside Dad with his arm around my shoulders and Lucas stared at us.

"Maybe I should seal that bastard in the previous Emperor's body." Lucas said.

"You can do something like that?" Dad asked.

"Don't be ridiculous!" I spoke up and the two looked at me.

"Anastacius is also the victim here, and besides, he has a daughter that is relying on him. So, stop wasting your time thinking about stupid ideas." I said.

"But, I still don't understand why are you so set on protecting them?" Dad asked, did he still have bitter feelings for his brother.

"Athernitas ruined your childhood and not only that but he's been feeding off of your brother and now he's become a big headache for all of us. Anastacius is still fighting against Athernitas till some extent but since he's weak and he wants to die himself that's why he is being used."

"Why can't Athernitas leave?"

"Normally, when a human dies, their soul makes its way back to the Sacred World Tree. But Athernitas had somehow managed to escape from that natural order." Lucas started explaining.

"Some people like your wife, can linger in the world with just a small fragment of their soul

"Some people like your wife, can linger in the world with just a small fragment of their soul. But that bastard's not only got a motive and hatred. But he's using magic and taking over bodies..."

"So, as long as there's someone who satisfies his requirements for possession, he can escape as many times as he wants." Dad mused

"The best course of action according to me would be to freeze him in time and seal him away for all of eternity." Lucas said and then looked at me.

"But you're completely against it."

I sighed as I sat there tapping my finger over the table and then stood up stretching my arms above my head.

"Let's go." I said and the two looked up at me.

"What?"

"He must be waiting for us." I said.

After a few minutes, I found Athy in the dining room, she stood as she stared at Anastacius and Jeanette who sat on the table eating a feast.

I walked over and placed my hand over Athy's shoulder making her flinch.

"Ara, he..." She said as she pointed at Anastacius and I nodded.

"I know, don't worry and stay back now." I said and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You too, stay back." Dad said.

"Hah?"

"He wants to put on a show." Lucas commented.

"Here, why don't you two match him?"

I felt Lucas' mana embrace me and my clothes changed from my usual shirt and trousers to the outfit which would fit an Emperor even Dad was now in his Emperor's uniform.