44. Lucas?!

THIRD PERSON POV.

"What is all this?!" Athanasia gasped as she saw her room filled with things that weren't there when she had just stepped out ten minutes ago.

Her room was suddenly filled with a lot of stuffed toys ranging from palm sized to Claude-sized ones.

She spotted Ara sitting on her bed staring at a glass showpiece in her hand.

"Ara?" Athanasia walked up to her.

"What's all this?!" She pointed at the stuffed toys and Ara looked at her.

"Gifts." She said and Athanasia frowned.

"What? Why?"

"I saw them at Jeanette's place, she said girls your age like such things."

Athanasia was shocked as she heard that.

"Here." Ara said as she handed her the glass globe with a castle inside, Athanasia saw the sparkles swirling inside.

"Here, shake this." Ara gently shook the globe and Athanasia couldn't help but see the light in Ara's eyes. She for the first time seemed excited about something.

Athanasia saw the golden light on the small castle that seemed as if the sun was rising and then the golden light turned silver as if it was night time.

"I made it with magic for you." She said and Athanasia smiled.

"It's pretty. But you didn't need to do all this, I'm not a child anymore."

"You don't like it?" Ara asked and Athanasia felt slightly bad.

"That's not it..." She spoke and Ara sighed.

"I apologise, I shouldn't have done this without asking you first." She said as she brought up her hand making Athanasia grab it before she could make everything disappear.

"Wait," Ara looked at her.

"It's not like I don't like all this... it's just I don't usually play with this stuff." She said and Ara's fingers moved.

"But!" Athanasia spoke, "since you've got all this for me so, I'll play with it a little."

A small smile appeared on Ara's face making Athanasia sigh internally. With time she was feeling as if she was dealing with the old Claude all over again.

The next day Jeanette stepped out of the drawing room after Ara and Claude fell asleep.

"Princess?" Jeanette called and Athanasia looked up at her.

"Have they fallen asleep?"

"Yes."

"They just end up falling asleep while talking to me." Jeanette giggled and Athanasia smiled.

"You don't feel offended, right?"

"Not at all, I'm happy to help them relax a little."

"Ara went to your house yesterday, right? What did you two talk about? She's filled my room with all stuffed toys."

Jeanette giggled as she heard Athanasia whining.