21. Into The Darkness.

I changed into my usual attire after I reached back to my room, I was too disturbed to fall asleep. Something about Jeanette seemed to have ruffled something within me.

It was a completely unknown feeling, I felt like I was forgetting something, the murderous intent was clear but it wasn't exactly towards Jeanette and surprisingly it wasn't even for Anastacius then what? Why was I being so restless? And what was the black thing behind Jeanette? Why did I have this unnerving feeling that I was familiar with it?

From knowing everything to not knowing anything made me feel as if I was left in a dark tunnel with no ray of hope.

I just paced in my room from right to left, left to right.

Suddenly something blocked my way and I looked up to see Lucas who gave me a tired look.

"I knew you'd be like this."

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed loudly.

"Thanks for stopping me back then."

"You could've brought the whole palace down if I weren't there." He said and I shook my head feeling my skull starting to pound.

Lucas simply sighed and tapped gently on my forehead sucking the excess mana from my body.

The throbbing in my head disappeared and I leaned ahead resting my head over his chest.

"I... I don't know, Lucas... It suddenly feels overwhelming, will I really be able to stop everything?"

Lucas wrapped his arms around me and I just let him hold me.

"You've done a lot up till now. You've protected your sister by risking your life multiple times. Not to mention you took away your father's black mana. You've already done more than enough."

"You think so?" I asked as I slowly wrapped my arms at his back.

"... Yes."

"Lucas, can you promise me something?" I asked.

"What is it?"

"In future if something happens to me..."

"What-"

"Listen please..."

He falls silent after releasing a sigh.

"In future if something happens to me or if I'm incapable of helping Dad and Athy then, will you promise me to protect them in my stead?"

"Even at this moment you're asking for them and not yourself." He spoke and I looked up at him.

" He spoke and I looked up at him