68. Why Do You Like Me?

The next day, I and Athy were beside Dad; I was reviewing some work while Athy seemed a little absentminded. Was she still confused about Ijekiel?

"Dad, has anyone ever told you they like-" Athy started.

"You are still a child." He spoke before she could even complete.

"But, I haven't said anything-"

"A child."

"I just wanted to ask your opinion-"

"A child." It was like he didn't even want to hear her out.

"Don't you think I'm a bit too old to be called a chil-"

"You've still got a long way to go." Dad said firmly and I could see that he was getting slightly agitated.

"What about Ara then?!" Athy shouted and Dad opened his mouth but then looked at me.

"I'm not thinking of marriage till I turn at least thirty." I spoke as I turned the page that I was reading.

"So, you are thinking of it." Athy said.

Dad looked at me without saying anything, I knew this topic would always be sensitive for him. And even I was quite uneasy on letting him go.

Athy suddenly stood up, "I'll get going first."

She left after she'd announced that I frowned slightly.

"The Princesses are all grown up now." Felix said.

"It seems like yesterday when Princess Athanasia was a little angel wandering the palace grounds. But now she's at the age to start thinking about love." He said and I sighed as I leaned back.

"The Princesses never seemed even remotely interested in anyone of the opposite sex before, but they've been showing some interest lately because of Duke Alpheus and Lord Magician."

Dad stood up and I watched him heading towards Felix.

"I wonder when-"

Dad gripped Felix's collar and glared at him.