62. Everything Is Turning Good.

After a while, Duke Alpheus was also shifted in the same room as Anastacius and Lucas stared at me as I asked him to look after both of them.

"Hey," he smiled sweetly which made me avoid his face.

He became so annoyed that he became sweet, that sweetness was diabetic.

"You're not mistaking me for a doctor instead of a Mage, are you?" He asked and I sighed as I looked at the two men.

"I couldn't just leave him there in that state, he can't die like this." I spoke as I looked at Jeanette who sat in the chair watching over Duke Alpheus and her father.

"Besides, my sister was crying so I had to do something."

"So, you're just calling that Chimera your sister now?" I resisted the sharp glare and sighed.

"Watch yourself, Lucas. She's my sister and I cherish her too."

Lucas rolled his eyes, "Why don't you go ahead and say that you consider your Uncle as your family too?"

"I do." I said making his eyes go wide.

"What?"

"He's been possessed and forced to do things which not only ruined others but him as well. He had that wound from when Dad had hurt him and that's over a decade old yet, it wasn't healed. He's been in pain for too long, I don't want him to suffer anymore."

"I don't understand you."

"Then don't, liking me is enough." I said and his face grew red and I heard a choking sound behind us and realized that Athy was right there.

Suddenly there was the sound of something shattering and Jeanette's shout, I and Lucas rushed back inside the room to see Roger standing from his bed with Jeanette held against him under his arm and a shard of glass in his hand pointing towards Anastacius who was still unconscious.

"U-Uncle?" Jeanette gasped and Roger hushed her.

"Jeanette we need to get out of here now," Roger seemed like he was on edge with just Anastacius being in the same room.

"You're in danger with him here." He was glaring at Anastacius.

"What's going on?" Athy whispered to me as I stood back looking at the scene with my arms crossed at my chest.

"Just watch." I said and Lucas and Athy stood silently at my sides.

"I'll cover you from behind, so hurry!" Roger said as he pushed Jeanette away but she was too confused that she didn't understand that he was trying to protect her.

"U-Uncle, please calm down." Jeanette said and Roger who seemed like he was barely holding up turned to her.

Just then I noticed Anastacius waking up and seeing the scene in front of him made his eyes go wide.