14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.

At the present moment, I was busy lying in the drawing room with Athy and Lucas.

I was quite sleepy and tired after I'd recovered and since I wasn't allowed to move around a lot so, all I had to do was lounge around. I just hoped I don't end up losing the muscles I worked so hard in making.

"Are you sleeping with your eyes open?" Lucas commented as I was literally only staring at the chandelier above and zoning out.

Snow was curled up close by trying not to touch me while Athy was holding Raven.

Lucas was munching on the cookies while Athy was just trying to make sense of what had happened with us and how did Lucas end up becoming our savior

She still didn't believe that this guy was the strongest Mage of the world.

"What? Want some of this? Wanna trade?"

"I don't want it! And I'm not trading!" Athy shouted and I felt the pounding in my head.

"Shut up, Lucas. Don't make her shout, my head hurts as it is." I groaned as I closed my eyes placing my hand over my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, Ara." Athy said softly as she was sitting close to my head.

"It's fine." I mumbled.

"Well, if you lie close to her like that then you'd really end up losing your hearing sense." Lucas commented.

"Hey!"

"Watch it, pretty boy." I warned in a low voice and then felt myself floating in the air.

"Ah, what are you doing? Put Ara down!" Athy shouted again and I felt my back resting again with something soft under my head.

I didn't open my eyes as I simply turned trying to go to sleep. The pillow smelled like Lucas, well, I'm pretty sure he'd just brought me to himself.

He played with my hair.

"S-Stop doing such things to my sister or I'll tell Papa." Athy spoke and I sighed.

"Oh, but look she seems relaxed."

I was, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of it.

I reached out and grabbed a long strand of his hair tugging at it making him shout.

"What the hell!"

"I told you to not mess with my sister." I said keeping my eyes closed and then rested my hand down.

"And don't you dare spill those crumbs on me or I'll rip your hair off." I mumbled as I heard him munching cookies.

He sighed muttering something like I should've just killed her, before he fell silent for a moment.

"Stay away from that mutt." He said.

"What?"

"That thing is the reason why you were like that in the first place." Lucas said and I sighed as he went on explaining as how Athy's and my Holy Beasts' spending time with us made our mana return to us quickly and ended up making the mana in our bodies go unstable.