32. War.

ATHELINDA POV.

The barren land was drenched in blood and the scent of the rust and burnt corpses was still in the air making it seem as though the God of Death had made His home in that land.

I never understood the necessity for wars, it was the greed of two people which made thousands of people lose their lives.

Well, I was simply a weapon at this moment so, all I had to do was cut through the bodies of the enemies and bath myself in their warm blood so that my Emperor would be pleased.

The war was between Obelia and Gerium kingdom, to expand territories Gerium waged a war and Obelia decided to take over Gerium.

I was the first Princess of Obelia, Emperor Kyllin's daughter. He'd recently announced me as a Crown Princess and immediately I was dispatched to the front lines of the battlefield. Some people might think he did that to get rid of me... and to be honest, that was the truth.

My father supported his second son, my younger step-brother Athernitas who was born with less mana and was a little weak in physical strength. But regardless, he was loved, not only by my father but also by me. Though his and my mothers were different but after my mother's death, his Mother became the Empress and he became the Imperial Prince.

Some people from the palace believed that Athernitas' mother killed my mother but I didn't believe it. Athernitas was just a little weak and his mother was protective of him, that's all.

I loved my brother, he used to cling to me when we were young and would ask me to teach him the sword wielding and the other subjects which were hard for him.

I loved his attention and his bright smiles, he was like the little joy I had in the cold palace. He wanted to be the Emperor and I had promised him that I'd support him with everything but... Because of one idiot who couldn't keep his mouth shut I ended up being chosen as a Crown Princess.

Athernitas was heartbroken, he thought I'd betrayed him and he stopped talking to me. The only thing that would make me happy in that huge palace was lost.

That's why, when His Majesty told me about the grim situation at the ongoing war, I agreed to go without any resistance. I was strong enough to fight and with only my strength I had gained the title of being the Commander of the Imperial Knights.

I had written another letter for my brother but he didn't reply, it'd been one year and eight months that I was on the battlefield but I hadn't heard a word from him or anyone else. It was more agonizing than the wounds that the enemies gave me.

"Lucas, you bastard, why did you have to be a fucking blabbermouth?!" I shouted.

I was greatly tempted to break his perfect jaw and his straight nose.