56. Manipulating Kindly.

"I will protect them, silly. It's just... This time I won't be able to promise if I'd survive this one."

"How could you say that?!" Jeanette cried and I smiled.

"I can avoid that." I said and she looked at me.

"That's why, Athy and Dad along with others are helping me this time. But I can't do it while worrying about you, Jeanette." I said as I placed my hand over her cheek.

"Wha..."

"He will use your mana to grow stronger."

"B-But I can't use magic."

"You're from the royal bloodline, Jeanette. You have mana, being able to use it or not isn't important here."

"The-Then, what should I do?"

"Trust in yourself." I said.

Me saying trust me wouldn't be the correct option here, I need to make her believe that she is making the decision herself.

"Believe what your heart believes, and don't let anyone taint your innocence." I said and she looked at me.

"You're brainwashing her?"

"No, silly. I'm just manipulating her for her safety."

"That sounds wrong, don't you think?"

"However it sounds, as long as she's safe and on our side that's what matters."

"I won't... I won't let them do it." She said and I smiled holding her face in my hands.

" She said and I smiled holding her face in my hands

"Now I can rest assured." I said and then sighed.

"I wish I could put the layer of protection spell on you, but he'll notice it immediately and that'll put you in even more danger."

"There's no need, I'll take care of myself." She said and smiled making me smile as well.

"Aigoo, I have another cute sister to fawn over

"Aigoo, I have another cute sister to fawn over." I cooed making her blush.

"Can you remove those contacts? I need to see your eyes." I said as I removed my hands and she nodded before she removed the contacts from her eyes and looked at me.