30. The Forgotten One.

Ara forgot us all for some reason. Dad was still on edge unable to understand what Ara meant when she said that she was the Emperor and even the way of her talking was completely different. She was cursing a lot and her mana seemed to be a hundred times stronger than I'd known.

"Athernitas?" Dad mumbled as he sat in front of me.

Since Ara had fallen unconscious again we couldn't help but wonder how to turn her back to normal.

If she woke up she would try to do something again. I shuddered as I recalled how she'd looked at me when she woke up. She even tried to harm me.

Ara, tried to harm me...

I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

That was something completely impossible. Ara would kill herself before even thinking of harming me.

"Athernitas?" Dad mumbled again.

"I don't understand, Your Majesty. Princess Amara is suddenly calling herself the Emperor and she thinks that she was almost killed by her brother..." Felix was just as confused.

I stared at my hands while Dad seemed deep in thought.

"Bu-But, did Emperor Athernitas even have any siblings?" Lily asked.

"Not that I know of, there's no mention of any sibling anywhere." Felix answered.

"There was," Dad said making us look at him and I also suddenly remembered the thing that Lucas was talking about when he was reading the book of Athernitas.

"There was?" Felix gasped.

"It's only a two lined thing but there was the mention of Athernitas' sibling."

"Even Lucas told me something like that about it."

"Athernitas' sibling had died before he became the Emperor, he really cherished them but there was no way of saving them. That's all was said." Dad said and I recalled what Lucas had told me.

"C-Could it be that Athernitas killed his sibling for the throne? And now that person's ghost was haunting Ara?" I suggested and I saw Dad frowning slightly.

"Ghost?" Lilly gasped.

"There's no foreign power around Ara." Dad clarified.

So, no ghost? Then why was Ara thinking of herself to be that person?

"We need to find out as much as we can about Athernitas' sibling. Because for now, Ara is that person and if we don't find about them then... I don't know what to do with this situation." Dad said closing his eyes as he massaged his temples with his fingers.

"Lillian York and Athanasia. Stay by Ara's side and make sure she doesn't go anywhere. She's still weak, till that time I and Felix will find everything we could about this sibling." Dad said.

Ara had always stood by me like a strong protector and now she was the one who needed it so, it was my duty to be there for her. It was time that I stood up for my sister.

"Yes." I said and he looked at me with slight softness in his eyes.

I was just done changing my clothes and kept thinking of how Ara talked.

She seemed hurt and angry. Was Athernitas really her brother? And was it from her past life? But didn't she say she was from the same world as mine? I couldn't put everything together in place as I struggled to make sense, that's when I recalled Lucas' words.

"... The mana of that person was so strong that they could have brought down this whole continent if they snapped."

I recalled the way the palace shuddered when Ara was angry, the tremors that ran through the ground when she was shouting.