69. I Don't Need Anything Else!

The next day, I, Athy and Dad sat in the garden having our tea and snacks time. I sipped the tea as I saw the red roses which were blooming everywhere and somehow I was reminded of Lucas.

His beautiful ruby red eyes and his long silky black hair, I loved running my hand through his hair but, what exactly was it that made me so attracted to him?

Just that I felt comfortable around him? And that I could trust him so much as to lay my life in his hands when the time comes?

Well, I already had once and he had done his work and saved me.

He had looks, he had personality that would fit my taste, he also had the strength to be by my side, he trusted me and was quite reliable. Well, that might just be enough for me to like him, but why else did I like him?

Was loving someone really so easy?

Come to think of it, I loved Athy and Dad a lot, why did I love them?

"What are you two thinking about?"

"Ijekiel."

"Love."

Both Athy and I looked up at the sudden question from Dad and our absentminded answers.

Dad looked at both of us.

"U-Um... I mean, nothing." Athy quickly corrected herself as she blushed bright red and Dad looked at me as I watched her flustered face with a smile.

Well, one of the reasons why I loved Athy so much was that she was extremely cute.

Dad released a low sigh, "Well, you don't have to tiptoe around me because of it, you know."

He kept his teacup down as he faced us both and he leaned back in his chair.

"While you two are still very young, I won't stop you from doing what you want. Since I plan on giving you everything you desire in this world."

I and Athy stared at Dad as he said that and then averted his eyes, though it sounded like he spoke it through his gritted teeth but I felt the warmth in my chest.

The first ever man who had showed me kindness and had accepted me despite my flaws, was this man... My father. And there was no need to look for reasons to love him.

"However, since you two are still very young. I don't think there's any need to rush right now. What we need to focus on is preparing for Ara's coronation." He said paying special emphasis on the words 'very young'.

I chuckled followed by Athy as Dad seemed really cute while saying that, he really loved us.

"Okay, Dad." Athy said and I shrugged my shoulders sipping my tea.

The rest of our tea time was quite happy with Athy trying to feed us some of her sweet snacks and I and Dad had to eat them.

After a few days we met in the gazebo for our refreshments with Athy giving us a brief report of the preparations. She had taken it upon herself to prepare everything for my coronation and I was actually relieved for that.