36. A Festival?

ATHANASIA POV

Dad and everyone were looking through the texts that could have any information about the memory magic but there was not much information in the libraries.

Furthermore, only the registered magicians were permitted access to the high class grimoires, Dad had gotten those texts but the fact that we were still unable to do something was making me worry.

In the midst of that I was only being given a little strength by the letters that I was receiving from Jeanette. I hadn't told her anything about what happened to Ara but since she was there when the incident took place and had seen everything she was greatly worried.

I opened her recent letter and started reading it.

"How are you, Your Highness? I heard from Ijekiel that Her Highness Amara was fine, he said she even danced with you.

I couldn't help but feel jealous because I wasn't there to see it, it must have been such a beautiful sight. Ijekiel told me that Her Highness had used magic again for the dance!

Oh, how I wish I was there!

To be honest, I was really worried when you said that Princess Amara hadn't recovered well after that incident, so I had been hoping to hear some good news about her health and when Ijekiel told me that she seemed fine and in good health I was really relieved.

I wanted to congratulate Her Highness Amara for becoming the Crown Princess but it seems like my letters couldn't get through to her. So, may I place this request with you?

I hope I'll get to see yourself and Her Highness Amara soon, if it's not too troublesome.

PS. The festival is coming soon, so, I hoped if I could go with the Princesses. I know it is next to impossible but, I just had to mention this wish to you.

Please take care of yourself and Her Highness."

Most of her letters have the mention of Amara. After the incident, Amara's letters were just with me, most of them were invitations that I'd written rejection replies for and some of them were even proposal letters which Dad burned himself.

"Lily, can you bring me some pretty stationary?" I asked and Lily smiled.

"Sure, Princess."

After a while I sat at my desk and started writing a reply to Jeanette.

"A festival?" I mumbled.

There was no way that Dad would let us go anywhere away from his sight, and since Ara had mentioned the assassination attempt he had increased the security around the palace.

I could still recall the time when Ara had spotted the blue ribbon in my hair which I'd worn the day when I went to convince her to attend Dad's birthday banquet.

She scowled at me which made me scared and then she turned me around making me even more confused.

"This ribbon." She growled and got it off my hair.

With her tone and her reaction I thought she'd rip it off my hair but she was surprisingly gentle when she got it off me.

"It has Athernitas' mana on it." She said and I looked at the blue ribbon with wide eyes.

What?!

"Where did you get this?"

"I-It was a gift." I admitted and recalled the day when Ara had asked for this ribbon before the tea party, she had asked Lucas to put some spell on it but he couldn't do it.