51. Bring Her Back.

A week had passed and Ara hadn't gained consciousness, Lucas wouldn't leave her side and nor would Athanasia or Claude.

Felix and Lily were aware of the rumours circulating around about Ara's condition and since the Emperor had refused to take an audience so the nobles were starting to rise and voice their dissatisfaction. Having the leader of the nation's politics absent would put the Empire in the tough position.

But, Claude and Athy didn't know of these rumours and Felix and Lily had tried to keep it under the wraps and deal with it themselves.

Lucas had said that Ara was in a coma, and that there were less chances of her waking up anytime soon. They had had a fight over it too but Lucas didn't seem like he was in the state of arguing. He was too depressed to even speak anything else.

Athy was currently writing some rejection letters of the party invitations which she had received and something clicked.

"Daddy... Something is wrong. I think the news of Ara's condition has gotten out." Athy spoke and Claude didn't look at her.

"The recent letters keep mentioning you and Ara. It sounds like they're trying get some clues out of me." Athy continued, "I'm pretty sure Ara's condition isn't known by just anyone. I'm not sure who's deliberately spreading these rumours..."

She looked at Claude who looked too tired and pale, he might not even have heard what she just said.

"Daddy?"

Claude hummed lowly making Athy sigh.

She knew her father was not in the state to do anything right now, he was far too worried about Ara's condition to focus on anything else.

Athy wanted Ara to wake up and everything to be fine again. She had asked Lucas to go and find Athernitas and kill him right away but he had refused, saying he wouldn't move unless Ara told him to.

"Then, will you wait till she dies?!" Athy had shouted at him in frustration but he didn't flinch, he didn't even move his eyes from Ara's face.

"If she dies... everyone else will die too." He spoke and for some reason Athy could feel as if the threat included herself and Claude as well.

Lucas was waiting for Ara's word, he wouldn't move unless it was a direct order from her. To say that the great Mage of the Tower would stay by the side of her sister like that she didn't know how to feel about it.

If only he had arrived sooner, if only he hadn't left in the first place, if on-

It suddenly clicked and Athy looked up at Lucas who was still sitting by Ara's side looking like a dangerous ticking time bomb.

"Lucas?!" Athy spoke.

"Did you find the World Tree's fruit?" Lucas' eyes suddenly went wide and he looked at her.