40. Worry.

THIRD PERSON POV.

Jeanette was considerably happy after spending the day with her sisters, she recalled the other day's events as she stared at the rain. Gently humming a tune as she sat in the drawing room looking out of the window.

Just then she heard the door opening behind her and she turned to see Ijekiel entering the room.

"Ijekiel?"

"Jeanette," he walked towards her.

He seemed a little tired, after getting to know that there was an assassination attempt on the Princesses he had been trying to investigate the matters on his own

He seemed a little tired, after getting to know that there was an assassination attempt on the Princesses he had been trying to investigate the matters on his own. Not to mention, he was also busy with the administration affairs of the Dukedom.

"When did you come back?" She asked and he smiled at her.

"I was worried that I left you alone for too long, so I dropped by, I was planning on heading out tomorrow." He said and Jeanette felt a little upset.

Since childhood she had been close to Ijekiel so, she had been used to him being around her and when he wasn't she would feel lonely and sad.

"You're leaving again, tomorrow...?"

He looked at her for a moment before leaning close and she blinked in surprise.

"Oh, this hairpin is really adorable. When did you buy it?" He asked and Jeanette touched the pink butterfly hairpin that she was wearing.

The hairpin that Crown Princess Amara gifted her.

"Ah, I-I bought this a few days ago." She lied and he smiled.

"I'll be back in a few days, you should go back and rest." He said and she nodded.

"Okay,"

Ijekiel turned and walked away while Jeanette sighed, she looked at the bracelet on her wrist and then touched the hairpin. She had spent the day with her sisters, she had finally done something which she wanted to do for years. But the only things that made her sad was that they had to be in disguise and that Ara had left midway to chase their attacker. That bit made her worry, she didn't want her sisters to be in any kind of danger, she wanted them to be with her safe, sound and happy.

Then, everything will be perfect.

Jeanette stepped out of the drawing room to head towards her bedroom when heard the sounds of argument coming from Roger Alpheus's library.

She walked towards the voices and flinched as the door opened and a tall man with black hair stepped out making Jeanette's eyes go wide as she recognized him as the kind-hearted Mister who had helped her.