67. Date.

The next day I and Dad were in his office overlooking some things when Athy came inside and sat down on the chair.

"Dad?" She called making him look at her.

"What was it that you loved about Mom?" Athy asked and to hear the answer even I looked at him.

"Did you enjoy being with her?" Athy asked.

"... You want to talk about this now?" Dad asked.

"Sounds interesting, even I want to know." I said and he looked at me and then at Athy who looked curious and eager.

"What I loved about her you say..." He spoke as he averted his eyes and I could see that he was trying not to get embarrassed.

"There were multiple things. She was always optimistic and bright as the sun..." He stopped and I could feel the shivers as he turned to me and Athy.

"Why are you asking me this?" He asked.

"Um... Well, I was a little curious about what it means... to be... in love." Athy said and then looked at me.

"Help me!"

Dad turned to me too and I sighed, "I'll just check the accounts, I still have to make the waterway plan."

"I see?" He spoke.

"That's enough idle chat then."

I cracked the stuff muscles in my neck and went back to work but Dad took the papers from in front of me and placed it before Athy.

"Eh?" He started explaining her about the budget execution plan of two years ago while I looked at the two of them.

Wait, I was supposed to finish that tonight. What was he doing?!

"Ara, do you think this is his way of being open-minded?"

"No, I think he's just about to flip you over." 

"That's enough for today, go ahead and rest." Dad said and I reached out to take the papers but he placed his hand on them.

"Dad, I need to finish that tonight, what are you doing?" I asked and he smiled at me which made chills run down my spine.

"You haven't been sleeping well these days, I don't want you to make mistakes because of your sleep deprived state. Athy will handle it for now." My and Athy's jaw dropped.

"What?!"

"I'll have the remaining documents sent over to Emerald palace, so balance the accounts for everything." He said and I could see Athy's face growing pale.

"What? Everything?"

"Ara, come along." He said as he smirked and I walked up to him as he patted Athy's head once.

"We're quite busy, you see." He said, "And it seems that since you've gotten a lot of time on your hands, I'll leave it all to you."

Athy looked at me with teary eyes.