27. Final Goodbye.

THIRD PERSON POV.

Berserif was lounging on the rooftop. The sky was filled with nothing but dim stars, it was quite dark because there was no moon.

Berserif was happy because he was patient, he hadn't expected to get a good catch after several centuries. A soul which had transversed through various lives and had the strong Mana was a once in a ten thousand years occurence. And for him to own such a strong soul would make him grow one step closer to his Lord of Darkness, the ecstasy was hard to suppress.

He brought forth the golden ball again and saw the cracks and the dark mist over it. The cracks had spreaded longer over the golden ball and he licked his lips in anticipation.

The only obstacle in his way was the Strongest Mage but now that he was gone, Amara's soul was Berserif's to claim.

The breaking of the body was a gradual process, slowly the mana wouldn't be able to contain itself in that body and with little interruption it would kill the host. Berserif had waited through all of it patiently.

"Soon... Master, soon your soul will be mi-"

The scent of decayed roses reached Berserif's nose and a black rose petal blew over him. He grabbed the petal in his fingers and clicked his tongue. An unexpected guest had arrived.

He turned around to see a white haired demon appearing behind him.

The black curved horns protruded from the sides of his skull and the black robes that he wore danced in the chilly night wind making the black rose petals also twirl with it

His cyan eyes were gleaming yet, the lifeless expression on his face irritated Berserif. He faced the demon with a sickly sweet grin.

"Long time no see, Xial."

Xial's cold eyes fixed on Berserif, though they were on the same par and served the same Lord yet, his attitude irked Berserif. He was too emotionless for a demon.

"Why are you here though?"

His presence wasn't quite stable as demons weren't allowed to be on the earthly realm with a solid body unless they had a strong host like Berserif did.

"You shouldn't mess with that person, Berserif." Xial's voice was just as emotionless as his expression and eyes.

Berserif's smile disappeared and he fixed the younger looking demon with a cold look.

"You know who that person is and what they are capable of."

Berserif chuckled and shook his head before glaring at Xial, "Ah, Xial, I knew you were a coward but to think you would come here and spout such shit before me. Are you that eager to get beaten?"

Xial stood unfazed, "Berserif, don't underestimate the strong power that was passed to her."

"Strong power," Berserif grinned, "That's exactly why I am targetting her, Xial."