28. Is She Gone?

CLAUDE POV

I stood in the hall watching the portraits that were in front of me. One was of me with Amara and Athanasia, and other right beside that was of Diana. I never thought I'd see a day where I'd accept her death and come to deal with my pain.

It was only possible because of my daughters.

The two lives that you saved by sacrificing yours, Diana. I hope me doing all this would finally help you rest in peace.

Suddenly the doors opened and a maid ran in.

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty! Something terrible has happened! It's the Princesses!"

My eyes went wide and before I knew I was running towards the garden where their tea party was. Athanasia, Amara, what...

My heart nearly came to a stop as I saw the large swirling mana storm in front, that was made by Athanasia's and Amara's mana. The strong and thick mana was forcing everyone back.

My daughters! They're are in there, they're inside that place, they're in danger!

"No... Amara! Athanasia!" I ran towards the mana storm but someone gripped my arm.

"Your Majesty, there's no use. Please don't go there! There's a barrier around the storm." Felix shouted and I glared at him.

"Felix, let go!" I shouted as I tried to snatch my hand back but he gripped it tightly.

"No, Your Majesty it's too dangerous!"

"My daughters are in there, let go!" I snatched my hand and ran towards the mana storm but before I could even go anywhere close a strong mana barrier pushed me back.

I used my mana to break through it but the intricately and the multi-layered mana barrier was impossible to break. It was Amara's mana. Why would she cast a barrier around the storm?!

Was she conscious?

"Amara!" I shouted as I continued trying to break the mana barrier but it didn't budge.

Why can't I break this barrier?!

"Athanasia!"

Just then my body chilled as I heard a scream from inside, a bloodcurdling and bone-chilling scream that made my knees weak.

"Amara..." It was her scream.

It was in that moment that I saw it. I saw her half way in mid-air and Athanasia was floating before her unconscious.

Amara's hands were outstretched in the air as she kept coughing out blood yet, it seemed like she was doing something. My eyes widened as I saw her controlling Athanasia's mana and somehow moulding it into control. She was slowly sending the mana into Athanasia's body to not create any disturbance in her body. She was doing all that while being in the extreme pain because her own mana was forcing itself into her body.

I could only hear her screaming and growling and shouting, it was as if she was fighting and I couldn't do anything as I recalled that one time years ago when she'd done the similar thing.