6. His Sleeping Face.

AMARA POV

Two days had passed since I woke up and Athy was still quite strict with me, not letting me use any magic for anything.

I was starting to get a little annoyed with how she was around me the whole time I worked out. Even at night, she was looking over me.

"Will you stop with the surveillance?" I asked as I saw her staring at me with owl-like gaze.

"You must not overuse your magic." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't used it after that lake thing."

"That's good,"

I sighed as she still was the same. I swung the sword for a few more times and then we went back to sleep.

The next day, after my workout and meditation, we were walking to our room when Athy stopped looking at the kitchen.

"You want chocolate?" I asked and she looked at me with a smile.

We snuck in quietly and just as she grabbed some. Someone placed their hands on our shoulders.

Athy screamed in shock, while I simply turned around since I knew I must have the spell of protection on me. If anyone intending to hurt me would touch me, they'd be ripped to pieces.

It was Lily who had startled us.

"Princesses! Your presence is requested." She said in a sombre tone and Athy and I exchanged a look.

We walked back with Lily towards the entrance of the Ruby palace where a lot of maids had gathered.

"It's an honour to serve Princess Amara and Princess Athanasia!" A group of new maids stood before us, curtsying.

Oh, Felix will be our personal guard scene.

Just as I thought that Felix stepped ahead and kneeled before me and Athy, Athy stepped back in surprise while I stared at Felix.

"Felix Robane at your service. I will be your temporary royal guard starting from today, My Princesses!" He smiled looking at us.

"We... We are grateful for His Majesty's concern but how could we have Sir Felix as a guard..." Lily spoke.

Athy seemed to be in shock as well, while I looked at Felix who smiled brightly.

"His Majesty's intention is to cherish the Princesses and treat them well."

"D-Does he now?"

Felix looked at me and I smirked knowing full well that he was going to be stuck here, his face grew slightly pale and he turned his eyes on Athy.

"His Majesty is preparing an official guard for the Princesses so I probably won't be here long. It's an honour to serve you two. My Princesses." Felix said.

"I bet all of my future riches that this guy will be stuck as our permanent guard." I spoke in Athy's head.

"I don't care about that, I don't want this!" Athy shouted back.

After that we were settled in the drawing room with the new maids already working around.

Athy was pouting because she had worked hard to charm the previous maids and now that there were new maids she would have to go through all of that process again. She wanted Hannah and Ces back but I guess she should know getting them back right away was impossible.

I, on the other hand, didn't give a damn as when they came anywhere close to me, while I was on the chair reading a book, one look from me and they scurried away.