48. Creepy and Cheesy.

Ara sat in her room, her nausea faded because of Lucas and now she was busy playing with his long hair.

"Did I ever tell you that I like your hair? They're quite nice." Ara said and Lucas sighed.

"I don't understand you sometimes." He muttered and then heard a sound of sniffing.

He turned to look Ara holding his hair at her nose.

"What the- are you sniffing my hair?!" Lucas gasped and Ara giggled slightly as he stared at her.

"Wow! Your hair smells really sweet, did you just take a bath?" Ara asked making Lucas' face start to turn red.

"You're creepy, Ara!" He shouted trying to get away from her but she threw her arms around his neck hugging him from behind as she laughed.

"Oh, my! Everyone calls me cheesy or creepy when I give them such compliments."

"Who else did you give such compliments to?" Lucas ask trying to ignore the feeling of having Ara's chest pressed up against his back.

"You and Athy, she called me cheesy." Ara said and Lucas turned away clearing his throat.

"Get off me now, if your father saw us like this he's going to kill me."

Ara laughed as she placed her chin over his shoulder, "I thought you were the strongest mage of the world."

"I am, but if I even as much as put a scratch on your father, I'm sure you'll skin me alive." He complained and Ara laughed.

Lucas felt slightly better hearing her laughing, Athy had told him that Ara had been too gloomy after she'd woken up from the mana explosion

Lucas felt slightly better hearing her laughing, Athy had told him that Ara had been too gloomy after she'd woken up from the mana explosion. Having her laughing and happy was a good thing.

"It's good to know that you have the basics down."

"I'm seriously not being paid enough for all of this." He spoke.

"You get to live in the palace and have all the convenience and yet, you're saying you're not getting paid enough?"

"Working as a Warlock is something but babysitting you is another!"

"Heh? Then do you want a Princess to kiss you for your hard work, hm?" Ara spoke absentmindedly as she played with Lucas' hair.

"I'd rather like that." He said making Ara blink and look at him.

"Really?"

"Sure, why not? Where will you kiss me?" He asked suddenly sounding serious and Ara raised her brows as she slowly untangled her arms from his neck and looked at him.

"Heh? You really are expecting one, hm?" Ara smirked making Lucas' cheeks go red.

"Fine, come here." Lucas gulped as he leaned close and he felt a soft and warm, tingling sensation on his cheek which lasted for two seconds making the electric sparks run down his body before it was gone.