3: THE STARTING POINT

"Why should I shut my mouth? Are you implying that the Holy Church lied about the process of becoming a saint? Wasn't it too long ago that it was announced that Helena is a saintess? Even I, who did not receive any kind of education know this. Who knew if the pope will hear this argument-"

"Stop!" The grand Duke immediately shut Felicia's mouth. There really was something new to her right now. She was rigid and awkward, but this lady in front of them was showing no remorse, emotion, or even fear. She could stare at them without cowering and she could talk back without stuttering anymore.

"Grand Duke, you must know that I am not dumb and stupid. Oh, and shall we discuss also how weird it is for me to live in the annexe, with a dull appearance, and a room that you could even tell a mouse lives inside it? I wonder, am I, not the legitimate daughter here?" She said.

Those words that came out of her mouth were definitely making them look at her in surprise. She wasn't like this at all, but now she looks like an untamed dog ready to bite them with her ferocious mouth.

"Annex? I didn't instruct you to live there." The Duke said, confused at what she said. A sudden smirk grew on Felicia's face as she stared at the Grand Duchess who was now like in a cold seat. Even Helena's eyes went wide as if she didn't expect Felicia to voice out her concerns.

"Grand Duke, I am very fully aware how much you hate my presence that you forced me to move out from my room and let the maids bully me personally. How dreadful it is to know that as a legitimate daughter of the official wife," she said and stopped, making the last two words obvious while looking at the pair.

Her eyes held scorn but that soon vanish as tears started to flow in her eyes. With her look right now, she looks like a maid's daughter that has no significance in life. "I was treated like garbage in this family." She added.

"How can that be?! Helena told me that you, yourself didn't want to initiate with everyone that's why you moved over the annexe." Alexander screamed towards her as Helena looks scared for the first time, as if she was being threatened.

"Oh brother, you're accusing me of lying when the evidence is right in front of you. Look how tattered my dresses are, my face? My body? Am I, not skin and bones now?" Felicia answered Alexander, still eyes held tears.

"I know that the Grand Duchess hated me also, fearing that I might steal her beloved daughter's place, she removed me out of sight and out of her mind. Please, if you truly cherish your family value or whatsoever, Your grace, then I suggest you discipline your concubine first." Felicia added,
emphasizing the word concubine.

All of them went speechless. No one dares to call the Grand Duchess the concubine, she is the reigning regent of the Grand Duchess but that can't mean that you should belittle her position boldly.

In a fit of rage, the Duchess lost consciousness which made everyone panic. Even Helena who was right beside her mother was bewildered at her situation and immediately called for help.

"Oh my," Felicia let out a gasp as the Duchess fainted right in front of them. Displaying such an embarrassing act that is not quite right for the situation right now. "Alexander, call a male servant and leads her back to her room. As for you Helena, please heal your mother." The Grand Duke said as he began to massage his temple.

"It's all your fault!" Alexander said as he bumped into Felicia's shoulder, which then she staged as she fell on the ground as he bumped into her. Even Alexander knew that it wasn't that strong of a bump but she still fell on the floor.

"Alexander!" The grand Duke yelled towards him that he was perplexed. Helena's eyes held insignificant as she immediately went to Felicia's situation and clasp both of her hands, performing healing directly into her.