68: THE PALADIN

"Felicia... Wake up, Felicia..." A certain voice made Felicia open her eyes and realised that she was comfortably laying her head on the Duke's legs. He and Alexander were the ones who woke her up.

Upon meeting the Duke's cold eyes, she frowned and suddenly sat straight. She was questioning how she ended up sleeping on the Duke's lap. What she remembered clearly was that she was in the other seat.

"I apologize for my impertinence, your Grace—"

"Don't worry. Let's just go, the mass is starting." He suddenly cut her off rudely and went out of the carriage. It ended up carving a frown on Rachelle's face. If he hated it, he should've said so.

But what Rachelle didn't notice is that as the Duke went out of the carriage, his ears turned red as he sighed, trying to brush off the feeling of fluff and lightness in his heart.

"How did I end there?" She muttered to herself as she accepted Alexander's hand, assisting her from stepping out of the carriage. Alexander smiled as if he was teasing her suddenly.

"What?" She asked, frowning over his teasing smile. "Well, I was about to lend you my shoulder but father decided to let you sleep on his lap for more comfort. I was about to get you instead but he just glared at me. So yeah, he didn't like it when I tried to pull you over." Alexander commented silently, following the Duke inside the big church.

It even made her face crumpled like a sheet of paper. What's with the Duke? She was fine with him acting like she didn't exist but now he's making a weird movement towards her.

"Is he crazy?" She suddenly blurted out which made Alexander choke, suppressing his laughter that may cause mayhem inside this heavenly place. He was letting out a giggle, still stopping himself.

'Why are people so crazy today?' Rachelle just stopped paying attention to him and just silently walked with him, arriving at their destined seats during the preaching. The Duke was waiting patiently for them, he did not even take his seat as he waited for Felicia to sit first.

Is this an improvement? Why does he keep being nice to her today? As far as she could remember, it's still not her birthday today. There's no reason for him to act like this.

"Thank you, Your Grace." She muttered as she went inside first, followed by Alexander and the Duke. As one of the most influential people in the country, they are seated in front, whereas the royal family are on the stage, right next to the statue of the Goddess.

The Hall was quite busy with people gossiping with each other, mainly focusing their attention towards Rachelle and her family, sitting in front. It must be because they went inside without Tyren or the Saintess. It's just the three of them.

Plus the fact that Rachelle tagged in a crime makes their gossip even more interesting in their eyes. But the main character was just silent, looking at the statue above them while wondering why the Goddess sent her an unfortunate premonition that could potentially pull her into a depressed state.

But that's just a potential, something that won't happen if she tries to stop it before anyone or that woman from her dreams dies. Whoever she is, Rachelle won't let her die.

"Please all rise for the Royal Family." An attendant suddenly yelled, followed by everyone standing up, and bowing their heads upon the arrival of the royal family. And here she thought that they wouldn't attend today's mass.

As Rachelle bowed her head, she felt like she was being watched by someone, which made every hair on her skin stand up at how eerie the state felt for her.

"Everyone, lift your heads." The Emperor commanded as they reached their seats, each looking so regal and elegant. Surprisingly, everyone was present at this point which stunned some nobles upon the arrival of the royal family.