80: BUGGLED THOUGHTS

It was too exhausting to walk back. She could still feel her legs trembling from that exhausting exercise and practice she did. She shocked her body and even pushed it to do something so vigorous when she should've handled herself in a less extensive way.

Now look at her, each step towards the stairs makes her leg shake. The only thing that kept her holding into her place was the handle connected to the stare and Olivia's guidance for her not to fall.

"Do you want me to have someone to assist you, young Miss?" Olivia asked, worried about her. Who wouldn't be worried when she's walking like some old woman from the outskirts with multiple complications in health?

"No, I'm fine. Let's carry on." She said, pushing herself to walk more. Damn it, the next time, she won't be doing any hard work at all. A cheat day for her.

After about half an hour of walking towards her room, she eventually reached her bed, dropped herself on the soft mattress and just inhaled the scent of how fresh and how it smells lavender. She just wanted to sleep at this point.

"My Lady! The sheet is clean! Please, take a bath first. I already prepared a hot bath to soothe your body." Olivia called, helping Rachelle to undress herself and to get through the bathroom.

"Thank you, please have my meal here. I want to eat here." She asked as she stepped inside the bathtub. The warm water hit every nerve of her, making her let out a sigh of relief as she dipped herself into the water.

It was really soothing every muscle of hers, it also made her feel very sleepy. "Yes, Mistress." Olivia followed her desire and went out of the room, leaving Rachelle alone in the bathroom.

Rachelle sighed, letting her body sink into the bathtub as the water enveloped every inch of her. She leaned her head on the edge of the tub, staring at the fancy ceiling above her. She's having thoughts, bothered because of how Alexander has been treating her.

She's having mixed feelings about it.

It's as if she doesn't even know what to do anymore. A part of her wanted to ruin him. After all the years of torment and showing favours to her step-sister, he ruined her own sister and let her fall into this shit.

Of course, he did it because he was under the manipulation of the Duchess who controlled his entire childhood. Plus the fact that the Duke was avidly avoiding Felicia, he too did the same as it is what he observed in his environment.

Everyone was busy tormenting Felicia to which he adapted and blamed her for everything.

It's just that, he suddenly shows affection to her s
Is affecting something inside her. Her plans about using him started to stir, tripping guilt on her. Hell, she couldn't even think straight because of him.

He was acting weird and it's preferable if he would rather act cocky with her. But now? He's suddenly showing how loving he is as her brother and her whole existence seems to be shaken up with whole new thoughts about whether to stop being evil towards him or continue with the plan.

She's having contemplations and it's becoming weird. Alexander chose to deny her existence, rejected her, and cut her off from his life ever since that accident happened. He abandoned her, they abandoned her.

For what reason should she stop her revenge on them when it was them who caused the very reason why she's doing her revenge on them?

'But didn't Liam also try to ruin Felicia?'  A thought suddenly crushes her head, making her blink twice in disbelief. So suddenly? But since when? Since when was Liam being an ass to her?

She tried to remember every moment that she's been with Liam but all it showed were good memories of the two of them. Other than that, nothing happened.