44: CONSEQUENCES

"You were given years to manage your job, Madame. I don't think you deserve any more chances since you have already failed us." Rachelle answered firmly, awaiting the Duke's order.

"Even the salaries of all the servants here have been exploited by this good-for-nothing man. Whatever your decisions Father, it'll reflect our image as one of the most respected aristocrats and influential people." Alexander responded, glaring at the Butler who was wincing in pain.

His face is destroyed, and so is his ability to speak. He was trembling in fear, looking at the three of them standing next to the records, awaiting the Duke's orders.

Seems like the Duke can't decide but Rachelle remains quiet. Whatever his decision is, it'll make him suffer more than she has to. If she would accept this, everyone would think that the Duke has fallen out of love and is now abusing the Duchess, but if he were to decline then he would look like he doesn't care at all about the castle's welfare.

"Please Father, give my mother a chance to redeem herself. S- She already admitted that she's willing to do anything to work herself. Just please, father. Be merciful to my mother." Helena begged as she also kneeled in front of them, acting like the Duchess.

The sight of her begging like this makes Rachelle's heart burst out in satisfaction. The sight of her pretty little sister, acting so fragile and soft is now shaking in anger as she has to deal with the pleading and begging for forgiveness. It's as if she couldn't accept why she would kneel for her own mother.

She snickered silently, watching the Saintess pleading for mercy while everyone pitied her for acting like this. They blame the Duchess for dragging her daughter in shame knowing that she's the Saintess appointed by the holy church.

Murmurs started to echo around the halls as the servants remained outside of the Duchess' door, talking badly at the Duchess, degrading her for doing that to them and for putting the two girls who were caught in her scheme.

Little did they know, it was an opera orchestrated by Felicia to ruin the relationship of these people. They ruined her first, why would Rachelle not ruin them as revenge for what they did to her?

But her revenge... It's far greater than that. She will eventually burn them to the ground until their ashes are left.

Tensed by the situation, the Duchess cried pitifully, trying to woo everyone into taking her pity. Some of them, especially the ones who were under the Duchess' care seem to worry a lot about her, praying that she will be spared.

However, most of the people inside the manor have grown hateful after such revelation of how they corrupted their service pay, they didn't feel any pity at all and if they could, they would curse them for how dirty they wronged them.

"The butler... Shall be imprisoned while his limbs are cut off. For trying to murder my daughter right in front of me, he will be given no parole for hurting a noble lady. Hence, he will face continuous torture to let him remind of his actions, facing his consequences." The Duke has finally opened his mouth, breaking the long silence.

Rachelle's ears went irked with his words, she thought that he would give her the satisfaction to kill the man as a justifiable act for raising his hand on a noble. But torture, oh torture, it turned out even more great than just giving him an immediate death.

"No! You can't do that to him!" Tyren, the Duchess begged after hearing the consequences that the Duke imposed such horrifying methods of actions for his consequences. Jeremiah is like a brother to her, she won't let him do that to him!

"Please Duke, I beg you, please be lenient to him!" She begged, her eyes pleading for mercy but the Duke didn't say anything but watch him with his cold eyes. That's when Tyren felt like the man she used to love had been bewitched by the witch.