43: THE BUTLER'S DEMISE (2)

Her smile faded away, how dare he question her size when they were the ones who made her suffer from years of tormenting. They abandoned her first after the accident which wasn't even her fault to begin with.

Pain was visible in her eyes but was soon turned into cold and deadbeat eyes. There were no other visible emotions on her face as it remained cold, unfazed and grim.

"I wonder why." She replied, making the silence grow even further. These assholes do be really speechless with how upfront she could be, straightforward and even firm with her words.

Alexander shouldn't have brought up that topic all along, making everyone feel very uncomfortable with her words alone. Some of the servants looked guilty, while others started to blame the Duchess.

The tide has been changed, no one has now viewed Felicia as someone timid, weak, and the villain. The real villain that they started to point to was the Duke and the Duchess for abandoning her.

"Ehem. I'll feed you more to help you grow." Alexander broke the silence, smiling at her while patting her head, clearly trying to save her face after everything that happened.

On the other hand, Helena was jealous of Alexander's treatment towards Felicia. He turned cold over her while he was turning soft over Felicia so it doesn't even make sense at all. It's as if he changed, is it because of witchcraft?

She glared at Felicia, this is not fair at all! Why would Alexander change his behaviour when it was Felicia who started everything? Her life was fine not until the Duke called her over!

"Your Grace, the account records and journals have arrived." One of the servants informed the Duke who remained quiet at the sight, contemplating his words. If not for the records arriving to break the silence then he would've bathed in shame.

"Alright. Let's read it here and now." Felicia started as she clapped her hands, wanting to read the accounts. She couldn't wait to destroy the Butler who showed her nothing but contempt towards her.

"YOU CAN'T!" Jeremiah shouted as he rushed towards Felicia's position and shoved her aside, stopping her from taking further steps to read the book of accounts containing various exploitation and corruption.

Everyone gasps as the old man lunches at Felicia who didn't avoid the attack. Even if it was hurt, she should not reveal that she has the strength to fight back. Also, this would serve as another reason for her to learn sword fighting.

"YOU BITCH! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I WILL KILL YOU!" He shouted, trying to choke Felicia who was not resisting at all with his attack. Even if this means she'll get bruises from this old man, it's part of her play.

"SIEZED HIM!" The Duke roared as the male servants started to run towards Felicia and pulled the man away, so forcefully that even Jeremiah had to wince and yell because of their grip.

Felicia started to cry, letting out her crocodile tears while her expression then distorted into a traumatizing look, crying while backing away. Even Alexander came to her size and carried her like a bride, glaring at Jeremiah for what he did.

These fools, can they not see Helena brimming with jealousy right now? Even the Duchess was flabbergasted while glaring at her. But she also had this satisfied look despite the horror.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I HANDLED THE MANOR FOR YEARS NOW! I'VE ORGANIZED EVERYTHING AND I WORKED HARD FOR IT! YOU CAN'T REMOVE MY POSITION TO ME! THE DUCHESS' GRANTED ME THIS POSITION, UNHAND ME YOU FOOLS!" He yelled profusely, trying to resist the male servants but nobody listened to him.

Suspicion grew wary as the Duke then grabbed the accounting books, looking through each page of the book. Every time he found something, his face grew darker and darker till he eventually closed the book, looking at the Duchess with gloomy eyes.