47: HER FAVOUR (2)

"Are you serious about what you wished for? You're as stubborn as a mule." The Duke sighed as he could no longer contain his worry to himself. This daughter of his is too much to handle already and she's asking for something very taboo.

"It's an insult towards the female in the society to hold a sword. Even if the Goddess once wielded a sword, it is considered as an ungrateful act committed by ladies in this society." The Duke told her, looking through her determined eyes.

But Rachelle didn't falter even if she was under the gaze of the man who wouldn't even bat his eyelashes while watching her suffer, standing right there in front of him as a form of rebellion over his choice.

"I told you, Your Grace. I don't care about what people talk about me. They may talk bad about me but I do not care about their opinions at all. Even the Goddess Kartara, a woman who wields a sword is worshipped because of her heroic activity. Even her symbol is a sword. Therefore I don't see why you would reject my offer of learning the art of the sword." She said, didn't bat an eyelash as she explained.

"But if you are that worried about our image, do not worry. I am fine wherever the place the teacher will decide for me to learn. In that way, it'll remain as a secret and away from their eyes." She even added.

Roelle was still contemplating the decision of wanting to let her learn the use of the sword. First of all, she's still a child and on top of that, a woman. Why must it be a sword that she likes and not poetry or writing?

But all of her words do make sense. He can already envision how Felicia would counter every opinion the nobility would give her so why would he stop her from liking something?

"Also, the training will also serve as a healthy way for me to grow into a fine young lady. If I were to be wed to the Crown Prince, my physical look would change, not under malnutrition and too thin. It would also be the first time the future Empress knows how to use a sword." She stated, using her body to guilt trip him.

As she gazes at the Duke, she secretly smirks. Seeing that he was greatly affected by her words alone, seems like he's beginning to like her. Hah, he's already too late for it anyway.

The Duke just stared at her, as if analysing if she was serious about it or just basically checking her out since he would move his eyes up and down. But whatever it is, she needs his permission.

The long silence was starting to tick Rachelle off. She just want to throw her fist at the Duke and forced him to accept her decision and look for a teacher that would help her use a damn sword. His silence is inevitable, yes, but it's too much!

She was about to speak once again as she couldn't wait for his acceptance anymore but he suddenly coughed and nodded his head which shook him by surprise. "Alright. Do whatever you want." He said, finally giving in to her want.

A smile crept into her face, it was a genuine one. Rachelle didn't feel like smiling at all but it seemed that Felicia was the one smiling. Rachelle could feel her emotions, it was as if she was happy that she got her first request accepted by the Duke.

"Yes, thank you, Your Grace." Rachelle thanked the Duke, bowing down as a sign of respect. Finally! She's about to use a damn sword! She'll be able to swing it forward and backwards once she's used to it!

"I will look for a teacher for you. It'll take me a week to find a good teacher so don't expect something that your teacher will arrive first thing tomorrow." The Duke announced, still looking like he was forced to accept it.

After all, she wouldn't stop using her health as an issue, making them face the harsh reality they had put on her a long time ago. They deserve it anyway, why would she apologise?

"Yes, I understand." She added while her head remained low. "Now go away and leave me be." He pushed her away which she followed, leaving his office after she repeated her thanks to him.

As soon as she was able to get out of that room, she immediately fell to the ground. Oh shit these heels are killing her! She has been standing for an hour, not moving an inch at all. The heels were killing her.

But as much as she wanted to sit, she declined her mind's request and just stood there. Being stubborn often helps so here she is, absolutely nailed the fact that the Duke finally agreed with her request and made everything go well smoothly.

Oh how her feet were throbbing, it's as if millions of needles were poking her feet after standing so long. God, she wanted to cuss the Duke so bad but it might pull back his decision so she just shut her mouth.

After resting on the floor, she decided to go back to her room as she wanted to rest there instead on the floor of this house. She decided that she wouldn't wear her heels anymore, goddess it hurt so bad.

She really needs flat feels that would help her stand well. It might not make her tall enough but once she gets proper training and nutrition, she will gradually start to look tall and big.
-
Alexander was in the Duchess' office, looking at the account books that were wilding inside. They found various corruption that need to be cleaned. He accepted this since it was Felicia who pushed him to accept this job.

She described this as a preparation for his heirship as the next Duke and he totally found himself agreeing with her suggestion of handling the internal affair since it was so damn busy.

His helpers were also helping him, busy fixing the records and adjusting the budget for the next month. He was also trying to sell other unnecessary items that the Butler and the Duchess purchased.

They were clearly after their money and planned on wiping it. Ever since Felicia made him open his eyes wide, she realised a lot of mistakes. That woman whom he once called Mom was very evil to the point that he couldn't believe how blinded he was back then.

He sighed, remembering about the past and started cleaning up the internal affairs. This will serve as a practice for him.

As he was busy rewriting statements and records, the door suddenly burst wide open, revealing Helena with a sad expression, entering inside rudely without even knocking and introducing herself.

"Brother..." She called. "Can everyone please leave? I've got something to talk to my brother." Helena asked as she looked around while smiling at them. Everyone didn't move an inch since they were waiting for Alexander's command.

They just can't leave just because the second young Lady told them to leave, in the first place, it's not her who has control over them. It's Alexander since he's the one managing it from now onwards.

"What are you doing here? Barging in so rudely." Alexander asks her instead of asking everyone to leave and give them privacy. He could tell that Helena was hurt with his words yet he didn't feel remorse at all.

"I-I was hoping that we could talk..." She mumbled quietly, pulling her card of crying. Tears swelled into the corners of her eyes, ready to stroll down to her cheeks. This made everyone look at Alexander, couldn't believe that he pushed her away since they thought he adored her so much.

It must have been true that the young master is more fond of his original sister after weeks. But why would he change his mind over who's to favour his grace? Why did he start getting close to Felicia?

"What about it? You can talk to me right now." He said, frowning as he put his pen down while waiting for her words. "Speak now or else I will call someone to pull you out of here. I am so busy that I don't think I'm fine with chitchats." He even added.

"But this one is private... We can't talk about this around them." She complained, crying while holding herself like an adult but she looks like a damn rebellious teenager despite her age.

"They are not someone else so they're okay with you talking to me in private here, in their presence." He shot down her offer quickly before she could assume something else.

He couldn't forget how this woman in front of her acted like a snake towards the Crown Prince, letting him inside her room and kissing him as if the Crown Prince had been hers since the very beginning.

It was utterly disgusting that made him almost barf, ruining their intimate times when he went there to fetch the Crown Prince and Helena. She was disgusting, gullible, and very jealous.

Felicia is far better than her.