72: THE ASSASSIN FROM THE HOLY CHURCH

As the mirror broke due to the Assassin's dagger piercing through, Rachelle had no other choice but to open the other door of the carriage, jump outside and then fully remove the ring on her finger, drawing out the sword of the Goddess, the real sword that belongs to the Goddess.

The assassin was taken back, closing his eyes as the whole area was surrounded by a blinding light, giving Rachelle enough time to hold the sword properly.

"Shit!" The Assassin cussed, seeing that Rachelle had run away through the forest, causing him some trouble. He started to run as well, trying to catch the lady who was running away, holding something that he couldn't figure out.

The assassin smirked, it's an easy task to kill the woman, knowing well that it's hard to move around with a gown getting dragged. She's wearing something pretty heavy plus the heels that would ruin her escape, everything is turning unfair for the woman whom he was chasing.

"You can never run away from your fate, Lady!" The assassin yelled happily, as he stopped running away and just walked at a fast pace, didn't bother about the gap between them.

Why would he bother when the lady will soon realize that there's no escape from her fate? Meanwhile, Rachelle started to feel the heels had been killing her feet and she decided to remove them, even if it meant she'd get wounded by small barks and thorns on the ground.

What matters the most is her survival.

"Shit!" She couldn't help but stumble on the ground, accidentally stepping on her dress which made her fall on the ground. Luckily, the sword wasn't pointed directly at her so she avoided a death flag there.

This damn dress of hers is causing some major problems! She stood up, getting back on her feet and with no other choice, she used her sword and immediately cut off her skirt, revealing a trouser beneath it.

Good thing she decided to wear some good trousers, or else she'd be facing the assassin at a disadvantage. A loud laugh suddenly emerges, making her turn her head, facing the assassin, ready to attack.

She hid the sword behind her, acting like she was scared and all. She is scared but it's not the first time for her to kill someone else's. She still has the ability to kill someone else using her sheer strength, even though it's not yet polished.

The assassin looked over the ripped skirt, then eyes the trousers that she was wearing. A small yet creepy smile crossed on his lips, licking his bottom lips. His eyes shone darkly, filled with excitement and thirst for bloodshed.

Yet Rachelle remained cool but acted scared, waiting for the assassin to come at her so that she could plunge the sword directly at his heart, she just needed some time to do it.

"Well, well, seems like the rabbit has no other places to run away from its predator." He mocks Rachelle, licking the dagger in his hand. What a psycho.

"Who sent you?" Rachelle asked, backing away from the assassin as he started to approach her menacingly, letting out the intent that he was about to kill her.

"Does it even matter? I don't think so." He replied, letting out a maniacal laugh. Poor lady, trapped with the big bad wolf, ready to be devoured alive.

"I see. Alright... Kill me." She said, still hiding the sword behind her. Good thing that this assassin still hasn't managed to figure out that she's holding something behind her, has no idea that it is a sword.

"Oh yes, gladly." With his arrogance, his eyes sparked amusement, excited about the thought of killing her. He took a step, running towards her direction with the sword in front of him, ready to plunge it deep inside her.