CHAPTER EIGHT: A VICTORIOUS END

Silence filled the garden as Helena kept her mouth shut as if she was silently saying that she would not apologize for what she did towards Felicia and Liam. Alexander could feel his heart beating loudly as the silence was increasing.

Alexander eyed Felicia, asking for her help to solve this problem. How interesting it was that her big brother who doted on Helena very well while at the same time forgetting that she's his real sister is now asking for his help.

As Felecia held the teacup near her mouth, her lips stretched out as she look at the poor girl looking down while avoiding their eyes. Her eyes then went back to her brother Alexander who was glaring at her.

"Since this is the way that you wanted, fine. Surely this isn't that much of trouble, right Helena?" She thought as she placed the teacup back in the holder as she look at the young Marquis Liam and smiled gently.

"If I may, Young Marquis. I apologize for her rude behaviour in my stead. As the eldest daughter of the Duke, I was not able to uphold our face due to my sister's inability to distinguish what's right and wrong." She said as she bowed her head as she faced the young marquis Liam.

"It is not your fault, my lady. It is simply because she lacks common knowledge. Way to ruin this perfect tea time that Alexander had prepared for us." Liam said as he smiled towards Felicia and look at Alexander with an apologetic look.

"You should've taught her better, Alexander. Quite spoiled I see." He added making Alexander grow red. Everything is ruined now, if not for Felicia joining them then this tea party will be successful rather than ending up in distress.

"Well then-"

"I-I apologize... Sister... Young Marquis... I-I r-recently had just studied proper lessons." Helena suddenly said yet she wasn't still looking at the both of them. Her apologies didn't make Felicia feel better, it surely was just a forceful apology to regain her self-esteem.

"Well done. Study well in the future so that people around you won't be disappointed anymore." Liam said as he sighed and smiled at Helena who was taken aback at what he said. Her cheeks went red and her eyes were teary, ready to cry any moment.

"Ah, and Alexander... I heard that you're invested in that gold mine from a Barron?" Liam asked Alexander who was surprised to hear his words.

"A-ah yes. I plan to invest soon since it's a promising mine after all. I've read the reports saying that the gold mine was truly worth to invest." Alexander said proudly, didn't mind Helena who was on the verge of crying.

"Hm... It seems like a good plan." Liam said. Well, it surely is a good business. "What do you think, Lady Felicia?" Liam asked Felicia who was quietly enjoying her feast. Felicia frowned for a second before she immediately smiled innocently, hiding the fact that she was annoyed at Liam for suddenly calling her.

"Hmm... Unless you have already inspected it by yourself, I'm sure you'll be able to know if it's worth the shot. Unless you just blindly believed that man's words." She said. On what grounds does it have to do with her?

But wait, investing in a gold mine? Wasn't it a failure that Alexander tried to blame Felicia that it was her fault for investing in such a gold mine that was a hoax pulled by the baron? She remembered it clearly that Felicia received a huge backlash despite the fact that it was Alexander's fault.

"Oh... On second thought, I'm sure it doesn't need for you to go there personally. On the other hand, I think you'll pull it through, brother." Felicia said towards Alexander, elegantly putting her tea cup near her mouth.

Why would Felicia stop him from investing in that damn gold mine? His failure is all his alone, she didn't need to intervene with him from what he wanted to do. In fact, it would be more fun if he ended up getting scammed.