46: HER FAVOUR

The breakfast was absolutely a chaotic mess but not in a way that they were being loud and throwing off everything from the table. It was too quiet, only the sound of their cutlery could be heard throughout the dining room.

No one was trying to speak ill of who or whatnot. Even Helena chose to shut her mouth and only minded her food, as did the two—the Duke and Alexander eating quietly at the dinner table.

So Felicia just minded her plate and finished it first before anyone could. Alexander even told her to eat more but she has to decline. She felt like her stomach could burst out any minute from now. She'll be too full if she eats plenty.

After breakfast, she went back to her room to wait for a few more minutes. She planned on talking with the Duke and having his permission for someone to teach her how to wield a sword.

She knew how to use a knife, just a few swings and thrusts that she can already kill a person with but a knife and a sword are two completely different things that need to get worked on sooner.

She can't just stay like a dumb girl forever. She may know things but not how to use a powerful weapon to her advantage. The reason why she wanted to have someone as a trainer for her to equip such talent.

Also, she won't end up helpless just like what happened yesterday night when someone came inside her room and almost had the chance to kill her. She didn't want to repeat that mistake once again.

Although she did manage to kill the assassin, it was not enough for her.

After a couple of minutes idling in her room, she decided to stand up and fix herself with the help of Olivia who was always gossiping about random things that happened outside.

It wasn't of help anyway but it's interesting.

"Thanks for the help, Olivia," Rachelle said sincerely towards Olivia and left her room to storm inside the Duke's office. It's urgent anyway so she's not waiting for his time or hers at all.

Whenever Rachelle would bump into someone, whether it was a male servant, a female, or someone of a higher position like one of the Duke's servants, they would bow their heads, showing her respect, not trying to offend or anything.

It's like a different view to her right now. The last time she approached the Duke's office, it would've been filled with scornful looks, a lot of bees swarming, filled with mockeries and disdain towards her.

But now, everyone has changed. They started to fear her even more. Back then, they weren't scared of her, they continued to play with her but after what happened for a couple of days, they completely started to act so carefully whenever she was near.

She deserves such a thing, since the beginning. Do they think that she too will change their treatment after her harsh period? No.

They said forgiveness is the key to claiming peace of mind. But that doesn't work for her. To claim the thing called peace of mind must be through revenge. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

As she arrived, she knocked on the door three times and entered his office. The old man was sitting, facing the documents and didn't bother looking at her despite her entering his secluded space.

"What do you need?" He asked immediately. It's as if he has already figured out that it was her from the very beginning which she just chuckled. Still treating her coldly, ey? Well, after sending his one true love, he has the very reason to do so.

"Good Morning, Your Grace. I would like to ask you for a favour. Don't worry, it's not too much nor very hard to accept." She said, bowing her head and performing a curtsy before raising her head to look at him with a sweet smile.