73: CONFESS

"You've got blood! Are you bleeding?! Shit, let me see!" Liam pulled away from the hug as he spotted some blood on her dress and her trousers, wondering why she was already wearing pants when she had been wearing a gown earlier.

"I'm really fine, I just got some minor bruises that you don't need to fret about." She said as she chuckled but after looking at Liam's darkened face, she immediately shut her mouth as she didn't witness Liam getting mad about something.

Besides, it's not her blood though so she's having trouble whether she'll tell him the truth or she has to lie, a believable life for him to trust her and not to push the topic further.

"Minor? Do you call this minor? God damn it." He cussed, "Forgive me for acting brazen, Felicia." He added, making her act confused. Why would he apologize when he didn't do anything wrong—

"Liam! Take me down!" She suddenly gasps as Liam scoops her up, carrying her like her weight didn't matter and goes inside the carriage that he was riding earlier. Her eyes went wide, feeling embarrassed about his sudden actions.

Her heart is acting weird, it keeps on beating hard, like drums being used.

As soon as Liam placed her on the seat, he then closed the door and started to look for something underneath the seat and Rachelle just looked at him, perplexed with his behaviour.

"What's the matter? I told you, I'm fine—"

"Keep acting like a brat and I will worsen your wounds. You are not fine, Felicia. Don't tell me what to do and what to act." He firmly said, glaring at her which made her shut her mouth once again.

Okay, he's clearly mad at her. But for what?

"Alright, I apologize..." She muttered, looking away while her cheeks flushed faintly. Why was he acting so sassy when she was okay?

"What happened? Tell me, Felicia. I am not dumb for you to deceive." He asked, his voice then turned into something soft as he looked at her, eyes resembled like he was begging her, to tell the truth.

"What do you mean?"

"It's clear that this blood isn't yours. Because if it was, then it would've looked like you're wounded, your dress was torn apart and blood dripping out of you. But no, this blood clearly is from someone else." He assessed, opening up the medicine kit that was hidden under the carriage seat.

Felicia was surprised but not shocked to the point that she should threaten him. She knew that he was too smart and she could never lie to him, knowing that he'd figure everything out in the blink of an eye.

She sighed, contemplating whether she'd tell him or not. Although it may bring the two of them closer and possibly she could gain an ally with him, however, there would be constant problems that he will encounter if he knows the truth.

The church might approach him and put him in a difficult place which she didn't want to happen. Either way, knowing how smart he is, he would use the information he got from her, blackmailing her or using it for his benefit.

She's wary of him, it's not that she doesn't trust him, but rather she's afraid to speak and tell, it will put her on a dangerous path and may disrupt her plan if ever.

Liam, witnessing she was silent and cautious, sighed and just cleaned the wound on her feet. She must have been running without her shoes for her to have these wounds over her feet.

"Alright... That was very rude of me. I'm sorry for forcing you but if you don't want to tell me anything, it's okay. I understand, Felicia. As long as you are fine and well, then I am well too." He comforted her, smiling at her as he wrapped each foot with a gauze.