97: THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY

As night had come to replace the sun, it created such a beautiful scenery, creating a magnificent view over the Duke's household. However, it was the start of something, which would lead the path towards destruction for Felicia.

As everyone was busy with their departure from the palace, a problem suddenly arrived and that was Felicia still not being prepared despite the lengthy time being provided. Alexander on the other hand was worried as to what may have troubled her, while Helena snickered, hiding her viciousness in her skin as she sighed in disappointment.

"What?! That can't be happening!" The Duke exclaimed, frustrated over Felicia. "Send her here immediately!" He even responded without even an ounce of care in his tone, just straight-up frustration.

"Please father, let sister have her time. Maybe she's still grieving over the dress. I provided something for her, I hope it will at least console her heart..." Helena softly appeased the Duke, with her melancholic tone and innocent expression.

Alexander wants to attack her at this point. Isn't she the reason why Felicia won't be able to arrive on time? God, what did he see in this woman that she was able to have her fingertips wrapped around his neck in the past where he used to defend her?

"Helena is right, your Grace. Give her some time. We cannot afford for her to not look her best, especially since it is her engagement party. We don't want anything to sully her name." Alexander responded, hating to admit that Helena had a slight point.

"Tsk! She should be grateful that Helena gave her something to wear! That brat has taken for granted Helena's kindness." The Duke responded with such despise and hostility aimed at Felicia.

Alexander's hands curled into fists, his vision darkened while he was debating whether to heat his father or let him be. He was getting too much in terms of being hostile towards Felicia who didn't even try to make him angry.

On the other hand, Helena couldn't help but smirk, seeing how the Duke had begun to hate Felicia to the core. Yet she still controlled her emotion, turning around from Alexander's hateful eyes towards her.

'You will soon realise, Alexander. That it's not a great move to make an enemy out of me.' She thought to herself while looking at her knight who kept a straight face in front of everyone.

Oh, how everything feels right for Helena. Felicia is slowly crumbling to dust. Sooner or later, she will realise that she should've stayed in that hideous place, living like a dead person.

"Your Grace." The new butler suddenly approached. It was the butler whom Alexander personally acquired, a man with morals and values in life.

His arrival caught everyone's eyes. "Her Ladyship Felicia has asked me to relay to you that she wishes for everyone to go first and that she'll follow afterwards. Please do not worry as she will arrive at the palace in no time." The butler relayed her message, with his body bent as he bowed in their presence.

"Tell her that I will join her—"

"Alexander, get inside the carriage." Before he could even tell the butler that he would be joining Felicia, Roelle the Duke had stopped him, his eyes telling him to follow his command, eyes held with strictness and ice-cold demeanour.

"Then tell her to be careful, the road is dangerous," Alexander mentioned, following the Duke's order as he boarded the carriage after the Duke had entered, leaving no option as he left Felicia alone.

As the carriage set to travel towards the palace located at the capital, all the servants who bowed their heads as the carriage had departed, raised their heads slowly and went inside the manor, acting as if nothing had happened.