79: THE TRAINING (3)

"I was told by the knights that you were on the training grounds since I didn't find you in your room. Therefore I brought water and your breakfast if needed." Olivia said, approaching while offering her a cloth to wipe out her sweat.

"Seriously?" Rachelle asked, her eyebrow cocked since it was too suspicious. But Olivia just smiled, her eyebrows raised twice, indicating something suggestively which made Rachelle just smirk while shaking her head.

This cunning woman.

"Sure, just make yourself comfortable while I'm training with my brother," Rachelle said, nodding her head as she patted her back and returned to her brother who was waiting for her.

"Isn't today your instructor will arrive?" Alexander asked as he began to teach her how to wield a sword. Since she was already done with swinging the sword, then her muscles were ready for the steps to parry.

"That's right. That's why I'm doing this so that I can be prepared." Rachelle answered, looking at Alexander who was displaying the stance of a knight. His body posture was fixed, straight while both his hands gripped around the handler of his sword.

"Felicia, when holding the sword, you should not grip it tightly or too loosely. Hold it firmly, keep your elbows bent close to your body." He instructed as he looked at her, his aura became completely serious as dedication flashed in his eyes, excited maybe to become her teacher while the instructor hadn't arrived.

"Your left foot should be ahead of your right. This stance is called being prepared to attack. With this, you'll be able to control your body in every direction."

"Let your arms be flexible for the sword to follow your command. There are 8 basic attacks when using the sword. Up to the bottom, diagonally left to right and vice versa." He instructed, showing her the pattern of the sword. 

Rachelle was amazed to see how the sword was elegantly dancing on Alexander's grip, like seeing a play where the sword wouldn't even cut her. Her eyes even widened as he performed in front of her, amusement flashing in her face which made Alexander feel very proud.

"Do not stab your enemy using a free hand. That is a big mistake, and so is lifting your arms. It will only make you look like a feeble creature towards your opponent, risking your life even. So avoid doing that." He explained while showing what moves she should avoid making.

"Do you want to try?" He asked, looking at her who just looked at her in awe. Oh damn, she will look so cool with it using the sword. Imagine people looking at her while she becomes a swordmaster. It's boosting her damn ego and Id.

"Alright." She accepted, copying what Alexander did earlier when it came to her stance. She stepped her left foot above her right foot, an opening for her body to stabilize her balance.

"That's too wide, consider closing the gap a little bit more." He said, shaking his head as she stepped too far, making her stance look awkward as hell.

"Is this correct?" She asked, correcting her posture while looking at Alexander. Oh dear, it's not as easy as it seems now. "Yes, that's the correct stance. Now, try to remember what I did earlier and follow my movements." He said, facing her and doing the stance.

Both of them were so focused on their training that they eventually forgot the people looking behind them. The Young Miss learned so fast with the basics, showing exceptional skill over the sword.

Yeah sure the way she would swing her sword is a bit tacky and awkward, but for a woman who had balls to work with a sword, she's already doing well. She's even better than most of the newbies of the knights.

"I didn't know your Miss can adapt that fast." One of the knights said, his gaze straight to Felicia who was busy trying to perfect her movement. Olivia too was stunned upon learning about this.