104: TO BARE A FANG

As morning came, Felicia expected that she would be returning back to their Manor, however, there were plenty of letters addressed to her, asking her to join them in their tea party.

She was about to reject them all since she hadn't brought a dress. And honestly, she was tired of dealing with these ladies she just wanted to be alone for the whole day and process what just happened last night.

Yet as she observed the letter being placed on top of the raging letters, it was stamped with royal insignia, together with a new dress to wear as well as some pairs of jewellery.

"Who sent this?" She asked, picking up the letter that was placed on top of the other letters, and studying the insignia of the letter. "The Empress had sent you the invitation to attend her tea party together with some of the noblest ladies, while the Emperor sent you the dress to change." The female servant answered her, keeping her head down.

"Right..." She muttered as she had figured out that the Empress had sent her a tea party invitation today. Her royal insignia was marked on the letter, addressing the need for her to join their social party.

Which would then become a trap for her. Like a web with the spider ready to suck her blood dry. For what else is the reason for the Empress to invite her other than drinking and acting like close friends?

She was glaring at her last night, this ain't not a friendly conversation happening between them. She sighed, not really wanting to go but it would be disrespectful not to show up and would end up like she's challenging the authority of the Empress.

She doesn't care about the backlash if she were to receive one but she's powerless right now. If she dared to offend the Empress, she would end up earning her hate and would make her life like hell.

She doesn't need another drama in her life. She hasn't solved all the issues back home, what more if the Empress started to target her? However, it's not her position to earn the Empress's favour or play favourites as she had already made it clear last night that she's hateful towards her.

"Where is my brother, by the way?" She asked the servant as she placed the letter back on the table and turned around to face the servant looking at her.

"The Young Master had some things to attend, My Lady. Although he wished for you to return immediately after you wake up." She responded to her question, making Felicia frown.

So he just left here?! In the midst of people having anger issues leaning towards her? But anyway, it's not his problem since as the Duke's heir, he had so many tasks and responsibilities to do.

So she sighed, massaging her temples. At least he should've bid his goodbye first before leaving her here in the middle of the sea filled with different kinds of prey waiting for her and being consumed.

"Please prepare my bath and call someone to help me wear the dress." She said, commanding the servant as she then went to pick up some stationary material. A pen, paper, and a letter to give towards the Emperor.

She needs to relay her thank you towards him for a thoughtful gift.

As she finishes writing the paper, she then folds it, out inside the letter and signs it with her name. She even almost made a mistake when she wrote her otherworldly name. Good thing she noticed it first, making it easy to deal with.

At the same time, the door bursts open, revealing servants who have come to assist her bath. They all bowed at her presence and started to prepare everything for her.

"You there." She called, making the female servant step in and bowed her head. "Yes, my Lady?" The servant asked politely yet very sternly, strictly to follow on how they should act towards guests.