62: A PLAYFUL BANTER

"It's such a surprise to see you here, Marquis. What made you visit there?" Rachelle asked as she looked at Liam who was now in front of her, riding the same carriage that she had taken back in her state.

Somehow, he wanted to join her in her carriage ride so she let him in. It's also her repayment for helping her earlier with that scum.

"Hm, I was about to purchase some pastries but since I saw you, I decided to stop by and talk to you. But then someone started to slander you, so I couldn't help but step and butting into your conversation." He answered, smiling at her.

But that of course is a lie. If it was not for his assistant telling him that he saw Felicia entering a café shop, he would've not gone here instead. But luck is on his side, therefore it's a bonus that he saw her.

"Oh... I see, for a moment there I thought you were stalking me." She joked, chuckling on her own while Liam just let out a nervous chuckle, averting his eyes. Well, it's not stalking but still.

"Are you going home after this? Or do you want to visit the manor? It's been so long since you visited. At least pay a visit to your friend, my brother Alexander." She asked.

The Goddess knows how beautiful she looks right now and Liam is having his crisis building up inside him. The way her red hair resembles the sun whenever it sets on the west, how her green eyes sparkle when talking, and the way her mood becomes so festive just makes her more and more beautiful in his eyes.

"Huh? Oh, I'm actually on my way home." He suddenly said as he was caught up in staring intently at her. Shit, if it's not feeling interested in her, then what is it?

"Oh, I could ask the carriage to drop you on your way home. It's not that late anyway." She expressed, her eyes squinting in joy, making Liam clasp his chest. It kept on acting weird whenever she was around.

"Ah, I won't decline your offer. If it's for a free ride, then who am I to decline?" He answered in a playful manner, smirking at Rachelle who then laughed at him for being silly.

'Oh God, her laughter is contagious.' He thought to himself, letting out another subtle laugh. "Reminds me, so how did you end up in that position?" He asked, changing the subject while feeling awkward with himself.

"My Nanny asked for my money which I gradually let her lend it. She left me with her son, hoping he and I would click together." She answered honestly, fidgeting with her fingers.

Just being reminded about it, makes her want to puke so bad. That disgusting thing tries so hard to seduce her but fails abysmally. He doesn't even know how to write a good story for her to feel impressed at the least.

How he constructed his lies were all empty and flat. There's nothing impressive about that man at all. So why did the Academy decide to let that bastard apply? He lacks the knowledge in her opinion.

"Oh... I thought you were going on a date with that guy." He replied, blinking twice in disbelief and surprise. Rachelle's face distorted into disgust, making Liam laugh at how her expression turned ugly.

"Me? Oh no! I'm not some kind of a lady whose standards are far below the ground! Who do you think I am, letting someone who's way below my expectations become my man?" She asked, scoffing while Liam just laughed at her, having fun with her blasting Lowell off.

"I'm sorry—it's just that I couldn't help thinking about it. Of course, you're a proud woman who wouldn't want just a man without something to prove. After all, you deserve men who are much more on par with your standards." He answered, still giggling about it.

"Right. I deserve far better than the Crown Prince. Someone whose intellect is far-fetched and wide, much wealthier, and powerful. Someone who's like the Duke in terms of what he could give. And someone whose emotional intelligence is higher and on balance with his morals." She confidently said, bobbing her head up and down.