75: THE MARQUIS

As soon as Liam had returned her towards her household, he waited for her to enter their house before leaving the area, together with his knights and his dear friend, Benjamin the aid that helps him with everything.

"Now I'm curious about your lady, it makes me feel want to introduce myself to her and know her further—"

"Stop it now or else I will slice your neck with my sword." Liam's voice suddenly went cold, disdainful and serious. He was threatening him just because of a joke which Benjamin just laughed off.

Seriously, this man is already possessive of her even though they had no relationship with each other than being a friend towards her.

"What do you mean? I'm curious about her personality. Who knows? She might have someone or even men lining up to her door—"

Liam unsheath his sword, pointing the end towards Benjamin's neck, his eyes glaring at him as it was showing no mercy.  His nose flared, eyes dilated and his eyebrows crossed each other, glaring at the man in front of him.

Seeing how serious he was, Benjamin laughed. That lady must've left a deep impression on Liam to act like this.

"Relax, I won't do anything. She's not my type at all so calm down and don't attack me. What are friends for?" He snorted, rolling his eyes while pushing the sword away from his neck.

Shit, he was really serious there, wanting to cut his neck. He was only joking with him. "That's right, don't be dumb next time or else I will spill your blood," Liam commented, rolling his eyes and sheathes his sword back.

"Anyway, other than that, should we investigate who sent the assassin to her? Poor lady must've dealt it alone without even perfecting how to use a damn sword. Now I'm curious, how was she able to fight off the assassin if she doesn't know how to use a sword?" Benjamin asked Liam.

They all knew now that the real Saintess was Felicia and they intended to keep it a secret. If someone decides to betray them, they must run away before they can catch and kill them immediately.

"Yes. We need to. This will not be the end of it knowing that the assassin that was sent died, the people from the church might send another one." Liam agreed with Benjamin. They need to investigate it.

"You'll teach her tomorrow, right? Make sure that she properly learns it or else she might not be able to survive. It's hard to use a sword after all, especially since she's a girl. Can a girl might even have the strength to carry a large sword?" Benjamin asked, in disbelief at Felicia's character.

She's becoming more interesting but in the way that he's romanticizing it. It's just cool to find someone, especially a girl, who knows how to use a damn sword.

"You don't have to tell me about that. I already know what to teach her." He answered, looking out the window while staring blankly outside. He could never feel like he was being entertained.

Unless Felicia is by his side then he agrees that he's always entertained with her.

As Liam finally arrived back in their manor, Benjamin opened the door for him as he stepped out of the carriage, his face devoid of emotions as the door opened widely, revealing the rich interior of the household.

"Where did you go?" Someone suddenly asked as Liam entered the castle. He looked back, not shocked anymore to see his Father reading some newspaper while his legs folded, reading the newspaper carefully.

"I greet the Marquis." He greeted, bowing his head in accordance with the law. He still didn't show any emotions, except for the coldness displayed on his face as if it was his neutral image.