31: THE SWORD OF KARTARA

"Here we are, the sword of the Goddess Kartara." Young Marquis Liam introduced, as they arrived inside the centre of the garden where the sword could be seen. The sword was stuck in a big boulder, deeply seeped inside the rock that it seemed hard to pull.

"Ohh... can I really pull a big sword like that? It doesn't look like a rapier or something..." she thought to herself as her expression turned problematic. She was contemplating whether she could even pull a sword so big as that.

"It's... big." She said, letting out her thoughts which made Liam chuckle because of what she said. Even her face expresses difficulties over the sword.

"Well, that's because the Goddess is strong therefore she is able to wield that sword." He said, explaining why the sword was big like how the swords of the knights were built. But it's too much if Felicia were to use them.

"Ohh... it's getting late, I should be going." Liam suddenly said, making Felicia look at him with surprise but suddenly disappeared and turned into a smile instead. There was doubt flashing in Liam's head and some unexplained thoughts that were adding to his doubt but he simply disregarded them.

"Then... I guess I'll meet you soon once again." She said, smiling at him. "I'll have to buy you another handkerchief since I used yours. Do not worry, I'll buy you something great." She added, batting her eyelashes while looking sigh.

But of course, it was all an act that she needed to do in order to not cause any suspicions. But what she didn't know was that Liam had already had his suspicion. Why else would she ask to view the sword?

"Don't worry about the handkerchief. I'm sure you can repay me with something soon. For example, something that can bond us closer." He said, winking at her at the same time grabbing her hand.

He then took a step, bowed his head and kissed her palm, staring right into her eyes with desires flashing in his eyes. Rachelle blinked, her heart feeling a little bit too high as she could tell that the desire in his eyes was about her.

"Well then, let's see if I can eventually repay you with what you want." She said, managing not to stutter in front of the
Liam was displaying such assertiveness in his eyes. His brown eyes were captivating and alluring and the only reflection in his eyes was her image.

"Of course, my lady. You certainly can.  Be that as it may, I shall leave you for you to do your business." Liam said, letting his hand go as he stood still and put his hands in his pockets, smiling at him with matching eyes closed.

"I don't understand what you're saying...?" She said, trying to sound confused while at the same time, her heart suddenly started beating loudly to the point that maybe he could hear it. What the, did he know something about her?

"Of course, as usual. Have a good time, Lady Felicia." Liam stated, ending their conversation as he waved at her and started to walk away from her, leaving Felicia feeling distraught and curious about her. Rachelle felt like she was caught in a mice trap placed by Liam but maybe she's just overthinking.

Shaking her head, she then looked everywhere if someone was eyeing her or hiding in the bush. She can't just pull the sword if everyone's here, she would've been discovered or accused that she's trying to steal the sword.

Her eyes scanned everywhere, trying to feel the space if it was safe or not. She then raised her gaze, looking at every building surrounding the garden but no one was watching. She smiled, since no one was here, might as well pull the sword and go home already.

The boulder was buried in the soil and it was at least she could reach for the sword that shows only the handle since the sword too was buried down the rock. There was something about the sword that made her hypnotize as she walked behind the boulder.