7: HOT SEAT WITH COLD TEA

"Ohh. It looks like there are no seats left for you, Felicia." Alexander said, scoffed as he tried to push away the smirk on his lips. There were maids stationed nearby yet no one called them to aid her.

Seeing how he plotted this to embarrass her made Felicia cough. She's trying to hold back her tears of wanting to burst out from laughing. She glanced at how Helena was acting, and her expectations were right. Helena was smirking secretly at how embarrassing it was.

"Oh. Then I guess I have to tell the maids stationed here for me to get a seat." She said. The maids are stationed far yet they can hear them clearly. This also means that Felicia has to walk away and by the time she will be back at the table, she'll be left out.

As Felicia turned her body, making them think that they had already won, a hand suddenly grabbed her softly, making her rooted at her place as she slowly looked and turned her head towards the person who suddenly grabbed her.

"Please, lady. Take my seat." Liam offered with a smile on his lips, making the two shocked at her behaviour. At this point, Felicia wanted to snicker but she must hide her expression.

"You're the guest, Lord Liam. I couldn't just rob your seat prepared by my brother." Felicia said as she softly looked at him, hiding her malicious expression which Liam had already witnessed.

"She's right, Lord Liam... I can give my seat to my sister instead!" Helena exclaimed as she wanted to appear more kinder. Even Alexander couldn't believe his actions. It was wrong for him to do it.

"Liam, you are our guest. You can't just give up your seat since you are important." Alexander said towards Liam but Liam declined.

"Alexander, it's rude for a lady to fetch a chair for herself. Why don't you discipline these servants of yours for their slow service? Lady Felicia is still the legitimate daughter after all. I'm surprised and bewildered to see the kind of treatment where the firstborn lady is not acknowledged by low-level servants of the duchy. This shows the lack of respect towards their master. Don't you think so, Alexander?" Liam said towards Alexander who was flabbergasted and embarrassed.

It's as if Liam was directing the hit to him as the sole heir of the duchy, acting like this. Liam didn't even try to cover his rude remark with flowery and compliment words unlike earlier with Helena. He just straightly went rude to him.

Meanwhile, Helena was hurt by what Liam did but Liam didn't even look at her. The snide of Liam's remarks must have been understood by her slow brain. Seeing the two slowly shrinking with his words, Felicia knew she had to step up.

"Lord Liam, it is because of me that the servants weren't prepared to fetch another seat for me as I have only just joined without prior notice to them. I apologize for the lack of servitude of our servants here in the duchy." She said, apologizing and owning the mistake.

'I'm not doing this for all of you.' Felicia thought towards the pathetic servants who immediately acted after what the Young Marquis had said. How laughable it is that they were able to follow his command instead of her.

"We're so sorry for our incompetence, Young marquis." The servants apologized as they bowed their heads, gritting their teeth as if they wanted to attack Felicia that badly. Which is unruly because if it's not for her apologizing then they would be punished badly for offending the marquis.

"W-why don't we all sit now?" Alexander said when he sensed that the situation right now is getting tense. It is supposed to be to welcome his friend Liam who just graduated from the Academy with the highest colours, making the Marquisate much stronger in politics knowing that Liam will succeed soon. He's a worthy ally despite his rank being much lower than his.